Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The difference between the Canon G11 and G15

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    JeffreyW
    JeffreyW  8 United Kingdom
    5 Apr 2013 - 11:01 PM

IS THERE MUCH DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE g11 AND THE g15?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    5 Apr 2013 - 11:01 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

paulcookphotography

I believe the answer is 4 Tongue

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139449 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Apr 2013 - 11:37 PM

It's actually 2.1 Smile

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315367 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Apr 2013 - 2:23 AM

Quote: IS THERE MUCH DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE g11 AND THE g15?

Yes in that time frame between the G11 and G15, Fuji released its X series Smile

iancrowson
    iancrowson e2 Member 4211 forum postsiancrowson vcard United Kingdom129 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Apr 2013 - 9:11 AM

The G15 viewing screen is fixed. It has a faster lens and a slightly bigger sensor.
    The G11 and G12 both had very useful vari viewing screens plus a view finder. They give surprisingly good results, my wife has a G12 and get fab results.
    I think what Paul is saying is the Fuji X series are better cameras although costing three times as much.
    I bought a Fuji X-E1 to replace a Canon G1X which is in same series, its a vastly superior camera.

SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 64433 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Apr 2013 - 3:04 PM

If I lost all my cameras and lenses I'd be gutted, but the one I'd miss most is my little G11.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315367 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Apr 2013 - 8:30 PM

Quote: I think what Paul is saying is the Fuji X series are better cameras although costing three times as much

Last time I checked the x10 was cheaper with the x20 costing a bit more.

I believe the x20 is the only compact with both a real viewfinder and also that shows the camera`s settings, shutter speed, aperture etc, etc.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 6 Apr 2013 - 8:35 PM
    SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 64433 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Apr 2013 - 7:12 PM

I'm very tempted by the X20 but my G11 has a longer reach, which I like. Sad

Paul Morgan
    7 Apr 2013 - 7:53 PM

Its has slightly more reach but the lens is pretty slow, f2.8 - f4.5 opposed to f2 - f2.8.

iancrowson
    iancrowson e2 Member 4211 forum postsiancrowson vcard United Kingdom129 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Apr 2013 - 8:06 PM

Sorry Paul, I was thinking of the X-E1, X100s and X Pro when I said three times as much. Have a good look at the X10 and X20. You really need to handle before buying, what swung the X-E1 for me was the feel, the controls and info displayed in the view find which, whilst electronic, is very good. The Canon GX1 and G12 have (for me) fiddly controls and a poor excuse for a viewfinder with no info displayed, which if you are used to a DSLR may be something you would miss.

Paul Morgan
    7 Apr 2013 - 8:35 PM

The original x100`s can still be picked up and quite cheaply now, as compacts go there is still not a lot that can reach it, unless you throw in the x100s.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.