Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

The Doctor is Out!

brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
5 Jun 2010 2:06PM
Just finished watching qualification for tomorrow's Moto GP and the showed a grainy video from trackside of Rossi crashing during this morning's practise.
OMG!
Anyway - that's him out with a fractured shinbone, maybe for the rest of the season they were saying.
I have been worried that he would carry on too long and kill himself (apparently its 14 and a bit years since he last missed a race) maybe time for him to think about retiring at let the youngsters play, what do you reckon?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ripleysalien 8 1.2k 11 United Kingdom
5 Jun 2010 2:31PM
Hes not that old hes just been riding a very long time.
I think he was gonna be pushed by Lorenzo anyway this year, but it could be the boost Stoner needs to fire up and get back into the race.
brian1208 e2
5 Jun 2010 3:00PM
Its not so much his age, just the number of races where he is constantly pushing the envelope.

The commentator reckoned he's done the equivalent of racing from Italy to China and back, flat out, during his career, his luck must desert him at some point I feel

I agree about Lorenzo pushing him this year - and last, (I also remember when he left Honda and they stated that he wouldn't win a GP again as it was the bike rather than Rossi that made him so successful! Wink ) the lad just doesn't know when to slow down
wrinkles e2
6 351 United Kingdom
5 Jun 2010 10:21PM
He's the best in the World,so we must let him do as he wishes.
Look what happened to 'Mike The Bike',and girl.
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
5 Jun 2010 10:24PM

Quote:'Mike The Bike',and girl.

Who are they ?
wrinkles e2
6 351 United Kingdom
6 Jun 2010 12:09PM
S.M.B.Hailwood one of the best motocycle racers of all time.
Ewanneil 4 1.1k 2 Scotland
6 Jun 2010 12:22PM
Just about to settle down and watch the racing from Mugello. Somehow it will not be quite the same without the GOAT. Get well soon, Vale.
brian1208 e2
18 Jul 2010 10:14PM
back on the track just 6 weeks after fracturing his leg and he comes 4th (and was within a whisker of 3rd)

The man is a marvelous lunatic! Tongue
ripleysalien 8 1.2k 11 United Kingdom
19 Jul 2010 7:37AM
Was a good race, Im a Stoner fan so im happy he came 3rd but Rossi rode a belter, and I think he was a little worried about coming off so only gave it 98%, otherwise he would have had Stoner pretty easy I think.
Cant fault the guy at all.
Mike Gray 10 382 United Kingdom
19 Jul 2010 1:52PM
Makes you wonder how he does things, check out the bike stats and his bike is normally one of the slowest through the speed traps.
He is one of a kind.
mohikan22 10 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
19 Jul 2010 4:45PM
The man is a LEGEND FACT! who else breaks therir shin and after 4 weeks is doing 26 laps on a motorbike. then 2 weeks later is race pace and comes 4th! amazing! and of course he proved a point to lorenzo... you aint that good i still came 4th "injured" MUHAAH
mohikan22 10 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
19 Jul 2010 4:46PM
dont get me wrong lorenzo is a great rider.. just a SHOW OFF with a giant ego that needs takeing down a peg.
collywobles 10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
19 Jul 2010 5:06PM
Rossi is possibly one of the best riders of all time. I dont think he is a show-off at all he just knows he is good which is how most sucessful people feel about themselves.
brian1208 e2
19 Jul 2010 5:13PM
Rossi is a Showman rather than show off in my opinion (but I think the original comment may have been aimed at Lorenzo, who takes himself a little to seriously I feel). I'll never forget Rossi's Donkey Ears helmet design the race after he screwed up big time, he is happy to laugh at himself it seems.

You have to feel sorry for Lorenzo though, at any other time he would be unbeatable but imagine having to share the team with Rossi, how can you top that! Smile
19 Jul 2010 9:30PM

Quote:'Mike The Bike',and girl.
Who are they ?

see here

14 times winner of the Isle of Man TT races.mike-hailwood-dscf0988.jpg

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.