Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

The Draconid Meteor Shower 8th October

7 Oct 2011 4:49PM
If you have clear skies during the evening (which looks doubtful here in South Staffs Sad ) The Draconid Meteor Shower

Stu

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

newfocus e2
8 644 2 United Kingdom
7 Oct 2011 4:55PM
Thanks for the heads up. The forecast doesn't look to bad at the moment here in the north east so I might just pop out for a look.
Andy_Cundell e2
3 1.1k 5 England
7 Oct 2011 8:08PM
South West looks a no no as well
oldblokeh e2
3 925 United Kingdom
7 Oct 2011 8:19PM
Moon is about 90% full anyway, so it won't be much good for any but the brightest, I'm afraid.
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
7 Oct 2011 8:44PM
Well... as ever when it comes to these events... it is going to be slashin' it down over East Berkshire tomorrow so...

Fat Chance. Sad
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
8 Oct 2011 10:28AM
Nope. They changed their minds again... (check the time/date stamp here Wink)

Now cloud cover for the whole weekend.

We live in hope!
oldblokeh e2
3 925 United Kingdom
8 Oct 2011 10:53AM
Best I ever saw was a fireball in the Leonids of around 1994/5. It was about 3 AM and I was about to pack in as I was frozen. It was so bright you could have read a newspaper by it. It left an ionisation trail that persisted for over 5 minutes. Now it seems that it's always either cloudy or, if it's clear, a full moon.
8 Oct 2011 11:49AM
I remember the Leonids from then I happened to wake up and look out of the window, I woke Mandy up and we both watched one after another for ages. What a great show that was.
Just seen clusters of orange and red glittering objects moving fast across the sky travelling East wards. Lasted about 10 minutes. A cluster of five or six.

I would have missed it had I not taken my cat Boo for her evening constitutional in the garden.

I was worried at first, until I remembered seeing this thread earlier in the day.

Nice clear sky and bright moon here tonight (Littlehampton).
Camairish e2
9 1.3k Scotland
8 Oct 2011 9:30PM
Beautiful display of mostly orange lights to the south west over the Firth of Forth from Fife this evening.

It's the only time Methil looks beautiful. Heavy clouds and raining stair rods here.
oldblokeh e2
3 925 United Kingdom
8 Oct 2011 9:30PM
Saw one Draconid and one sporadic. Now socked in.
newfocus e2
8 644 2 United Kingdom
8 Oct 2011 10:21PM
Had a pretty much constant shower here since sunset. Unfortunately only of the watery kind Sad

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.