Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The End of the Darkroom?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

mack
mack  10290 forum posts United Kingdom
27 Jul 2008 - 3:36 PM

With over 45 years as a professional photographer I must spent at least a third of that time in a darkroom. Nothing better to teach you the skills of producing good prints and consistancy. With this knowledge then you can achieve good results digitally using Photoshop etc. Remember the camera responds to what you have told it to do, the next step is in your hands.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Jul 2008 - 3:36 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Diana
Diana e2 Member 72011 forum postsDiana vcard Netherlands19 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2008 - 12:16 PM

I grew up rocking daddy's developer trays too, watching stop clocks, hanging up rolls of film washing to dry was great fun. We used to lose my dad sometimes for days in the darkroom, his first darkroom was in a caravan outside the house. I have some old pictures of it, if you would like them for your article, not sure if I have any of the interior. Anyway, his hobby and love of ships evolved into his being a world renowned naval historian...his images printed in some of the finest naval publications, like Janes warships and so on....all from inside that little caravan in the dark...he passed away last year, sadly..and we now have over a million naval negatives, some very rare indeed. And his darkroom is still at the top of the house completely kitted out. He was still using it about 6 weeks up until he passed away.

I done a course on photography and really enjoyed the darkroom work, I complained that it took a long time to get to the end result...but I can also spend hours in lightroom and photoshop doing the same thing as I did in the darkroom. The darkroom work made photoshop make a little more sense Smile

Last Modified By Diana at 3 Aug 2008 - 12:17 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.