Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

The EPZ Membership Lifecycle

ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
9 Oct 2013 5:36PM
1 - Discovery....
2 - Testing the water.....
3 - The Opium of votes....
4 - The influenced phase....
5 - Finding your voice....
6 - Citizen Smith phase....
7 - The flounce or The Acceptance - one or the other usually happens
8 - The passive onlooker....
9 - Re-finding your voice....
10 - Becoming an old sage...

may not be true of everyone, and not really of me, but what is your life cycle like Wink

More detail...

1 - Discovery.... finding the site, on Google in my case
2 - Testing the water..... uploading a few shots - along with 15 other websites you'll be using
3 - The Opium of votes.... Start to get addicted to votes, comment on everyone's shots to get more... you're an addict!
4 - The influenced phase.... check out who's getting loads of votes and copy, copy, copy!
5 - Finding your voice.... discover the forum and actually be brave enough to say something... not a lot... dipping your toe in!
6 - Citizen Smith phase.... no more pussy footing around, you're militant, want to change the voting system, stop cliques etc. and just go on and on and on about it in the forums
7 - The flounce or The Acceptance - one or the other usually happens - your citizen smith phase fizzles out or explodes like a supernova, you become a "user_removed"
8 - The passive onlooker.... take a break, look in occasionally - bit jaded with all the old subjects being repeated, probably got no new work to show as you're now a perfectionist and only shots involving a 10 man crew and 47 hours in Photoshop will do.
9 - Re-finding your voice.... after your self imposed exile, you start chipping into the forums again.
10 - Becoming an old sage... congratulations, you've reached the end point - a "part of the furniture" - probably an EPZ decade behind you, commenting with nostalgia about the good old days and Joe Fox

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
9 Oct 2013 5:49PM
similar, but my stage 10 may be more like:

"becoming an old fart" - sitting in the corner mumbling to myself as no one listens any more! Tongue
ikett 4 372 England
9 Oct 2013 5:55PM

Quote:may not be true of everyone, and not really of me, but what is your life cycle like Wink
sounds like you but with only 9 yearsTongueWinkGrin.

Very realistic, almost too realistic, but shows the reason I keep looking in.

The larger than life characters that post on the site!

Much better than day time tellyTongueWink
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
9 Oct 2013 6:07PM
None of the above.
WhiteRose1 e2
4 1.1k 137 England
9 Oct 2013 7:47PM
Ouch... that's a bit too close for comfort!!!
lawbert 7 1.8k 15 England
9 Oct 2013 7:57PM
I guess works getting a bit tight AdeTongueTongue
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
9 Oct 2013 8:10PM
1) Joined the site very early on.

Sat on the side lines for the first year or two, I was to afraid to post in the forums back then, there were one or two very lively characters Smile

2) started posting pictures not really understanding the voting thing, still don`t Smile

3) Spent silly amounts of hard earn`t cash on stuff I new would never make me any better Smile

I`m a lot older now compared to when I joined.

Guess I`m now an old sage Smile
joolsb 10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
9 Oct 2013 8:19PM
Moving back and forth between 8 and 9 Wink
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
9 Oct 2013 8:43PM
Like Brian I usually find myself sitting in the corner making noise similar to......

Miles Herbert 12 1.8k 4 United Kingdom
9 Oct 2013 9:24PM
Firmly stuck on 8 ...
pink 11 1.9k 5 United Kingdom
9 Oct 2013 10:21PM
Hydgtgggt gcsfhhu ggtrvghh kiijnbbgukpkyrf, I make little sense after ten years, old fart and beyond stage Sad
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
9 Oct 2013 10:46PM

Quote:I guess works getting a bit tight AdeTongueTongue

nah - just full of flu and tonsillitis and aching, so thought I'd cheer myself up with a daft thread.

Wink

And it is supposed to be realistic... inspired by PMorgan's other thread about EPZ addiction Wink
kit-monster e2
11 3.7k 2 Singapore
10 Oct 2013 2:35AM
Ha ha! I'm definitely an 8.
Nick_w e2
7 4.1k 99 England
10 Oct 2013 7:27AM
There are many that never get past level 3 Wink
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
10 Oct 2013 7:34AM
Does the number in your star represent the level you are on ? Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.