Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The EPZ Membership Lifecycle

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014749 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
9 Oct 2013 - 5:36 PM

1 - Discovery....
2 - Testing the water.....
3 - The Opium of votes....
4 - The influenced phase....
5 - Finding your voice....
6 - Citizen Smith phase....
7 - The flounce or The Acceptance - one or the other usually happens
8 - The passive onlooker....
9 - Re-finding your voice....
10 - Becoming an old sage...

may not be true of everyone, and not really of me, but what is your life cycle like Wink

More detail...

1 - Discovery.... finding the site, on Google in my case
2 - Testing the water..... uploading a few shots - along with 15 other websites you'll be using
3 - The Opium of votes.... Start to get addicted to votes, comment on everyone's shots to get more... you're an addict!
4 - The influenced phase.... check out who's getting loads of votes and copy, copy, copy!
5 - Finding your voice.... discover the forum and actually be brave enough to say something... not a lot... dipping your toe in!
6 - Citizen Smith phase.... no more pussy footing around, you're militant, want to change the voting system, stop cliques etc. and just go on and on and on about it in the forums
7 - The flounce or The Acceptance - one or the other usually happens - your citizen smith phase fizzles out or explodes like a supernova, you become a "user_removed"
8 - The passive onlooker.... take a break, look in occasionally - bit jaded with all the old subjects being repeated, probably got no new work to show as you're now a perfectionist and only shots involving a 10 man crew and 47 hours in Photoshop will do.
9 - Re-finding your voice.... after your self imposed exile, you start chipping into the forums again.
10 - Becoming an old sage... congratulations, you've reached the end point - a "part of the furniture" - probably an EPZ decade behind you, commenting with nostalgia about the good old days and Joe Fox

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
9 Oct 2013 - 5:36 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110181 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
9 Oct 2013 - 5:49 PM

similar, but my stage 10 may be more like:

"becoming an old fart" - sitting in the corner mumbling to myself as no one listens any more! Tongue

ikett
ikett  3329 forum posts England
9 Oct 2013 - 5:55 PM

Quote: may not be true of everyone, and not really of me, but what is your life cycle like Wink

sounds like you but with only 9 yearsTongueWinkGrin.

Very realistic, almost too realistic, but shows the reason I keep looking in.

The larger than life characters that post on the site!

Much better than day time tellyTongueWink

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54239 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
9 Oct 2013 - 6:07 PM

None of the above.

WhiteRose1
WhiteRose1 e2 Member 41029 forum postsWhiteRose1 vcard England133 Constructive Critique Points
9 Oct 2013 - 7:47 PM

Ouch... that's a bit too close for comfort!!!

lawbert
lawbert  71696 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
9 Oct 2013 - 7:57 PM

I guess works getting a bit tight AdeTongueTongue

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314978 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
9 Oct 2013 - 8:10 PM

1) Joined the site very early on.

Sat on the side lines for the first year or two, I was to afraid to post in the forums back then, there were one or two very lively characters Smile

2) started posting pictures not really understanding the voting thing, still don`t Smile

3) Spent silly amounts of hard earn`t cash on stuff I new would never make me any better Smile

I`m a lot older now compared to when I joined.

Guess I`m now an old sage Smile

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
9 Oct 2013 - 8:19 PM

Moving back and forth between 8 and 9 Wink

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
9 Oct 2013 - 8:43 PM

Like Brian I usually find myself sitting in the corner making noise similar to......

Last Modified By Ade_Osman at 9 Oct 2013 - 8:48 PM
Miles Herbert
9 Oct 2013 - 9:24 PM

Firmly stuck on 8 ...

pink
pink  111446 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
9 Oct 2013 - 10:21 PM

Hydgtgggt gcsfhhu ggtrvghh kiijnbbgukpkyrf, I make little sense after ten years, old fart and beyond stage Sad

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014749 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
9 Oct 2013 - 10:46 PM

Quote: I guess works getting a bit tight AdeTongueTongue

nah - just full of flu and tonsillitis and aching, so thought I'd cheer myself up with a daft thread.

Wink

And it is supposed to be realistic... inspired by PMorgan's other thread about EPZ addiction Wink

kit-monster
kit-monster e2 Member 103685 forum postskit-monster vcard Singapore2 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2013 - 2:35 AM

Ha ha! I'm definitely an 8.

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73826 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2013 - 7:27 AM

There are many that never get past level 3 Wink

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315548 forum posts England
10 Oct 2013 - 7:34 AM

Does the number in your star represent the level you are on ? Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.