Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The far flung and more remote regions of the site are ...

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    ketch
    ketch e2 Member 6770 forum postsketch vcard Turks and Caicos Islands50 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Sep 2009 - 10:44 AM

...perhaps a little neglected - but how easy are they to access.

Having used the challenge area once or twice and even uploaded an exhibition recently (yeh check it out its called Sail and its still there) which has been seen by four people, a site moderator and five avatars - I started thinking about those far flung regions where nobody goes.

It would be interesting to know in terms of 'traffic' what gets the attention and what gets neglected. From this it might be possible to come up with ways to make these other corners of the site even more exciting and alluring.

Maybe they need their own distinct character (branding almost) or maybe they need to be better integrated so links between the main site areas and the remote ones are easy and painless. Or maybe just better signposting?

Has anyone been to the outer regions and what was their experience when they were there (!984 ish? and Winston Smith like).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    25 Sep 2009 - 10:44 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GreyMoonRising
    25 Sep 2009 - 10:51 AM

My portfolio for one...bliss Smile

ketch
    ketch e2 Member 6770 forum postsketch vcard Turks and Caicos Islands50 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Sep 2009 - 11:53 AM

I'll check yours out if you'll check mine ... Ooops!!

elkiebrooks
    25 Sep 2009 - 12:12 PM

Could have worded that better.

Cephus
    Cephus  92126 forum posts England
    25 Sep 2009 - 12:44 PM

What about the unanswered topics region of the forum?
    There are 58 pages to explore.

linky

Last Modified By Cephus at 25 Sep 2009 - 12:46 PM
    LensYews
    LensYews  51300 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Sep 2009 - 1:54 PM

The header on each comment on the forum has sufficient space, perhaps a link could be added here to any portfolio, blog, exhibition or meeting meetings updates the member has added in the last say day/week/month

Another idea might be to integrate the comments sections of the reviews etc (which I suspect are what draw a lot of people to the site in the first place), with the forums, so there is cross over and more take up of the forums.

I'd also like to be scenario specific group reviews, eg. bird photography - which body & lens combination makes the ideal pairing for that situation, or which lens/body and flash for weddings, etc. There are lots of reviews of bodies, or lenses or group tests of those, but few reliable real world tests out there.

Steve

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.