Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The fun of seeing where your work ends up

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 1110293 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Apr 2013 - 1:47 PM

We dropped round to have coffee with a lovely couple we met at our recent exhibition and almost as soon as we settle down Bernard pointed to the wall and asked if I knew the location.

That's a great pic I thought, then did a double-take and spotted it was one of mine!

Apparently they had got it from an earlier craft-fair we had attended but thought they would have some fun seeing if I recognised it.

Its not the first time we've been invited round by a purchaser to see where my work has ended up but its still a pleasure that I haven't got over yet

I'm sure others must have similar experiences but as my photography is primarily a hobby that pays for itself its always a bit of a suprise when others seem to get so much pleasure from my work Smile

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    12 Apr 2013 - 1:47 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139463 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Apr 2013 - 2:02 PM

I would love to know why a number of people have bought my 'best seller' (not in my pf on here) when I would say it's not especially one of my better efforts! Blush Grin But doing it through agencies means you never get to know.

I cannot imagine it being hung on walls though - more likely used in mag articles or whatever.... but that's just a guess.

brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 1110293 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Apr 2013 - 2:15 PM

It is a suprise what people buy sometimes isn't it CB, its often the ones I don't expect to sell that go first (and rarely anything that has done well here Wink )

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139463 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Apr 2013 - 2:23 PM

Absolutely............ you sometimes find yourself saying "Hang on a minute, I could have actually done it better" when something proves to be popular and - conversely - "I put a lot of effort into that photo, why isn't anyone buying it" Grin

Glad it's just a tiny sideline and not something on which my standard of living depends. Hats off to those for whom it is full-time occupation. Smile

brian1208
    10 Jul 2013 - 7:17 PM

Had a nice bit of indirect feedback on the whereabouts of another couple of pictures today.

Pam was on duty in the Gallery when a couple came in and started chatting.

Apparently they moved down here a year back and had purchased two photos from the Gallery that they had got framed and now they hung in the house.

They said that they were still delighted with the images and hoped to be able to meet up with the photographer to get some more soon

Pam was pleased to tell them that she was married to said photographer and to invite them to our exhibition in September (let's hope they like my new work this year! Grin )

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.