Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The Happy Forum

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Ewanneil
Ewanneil  41118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
30 Apr 2011 - 7:58 AM

Further to my post above I am reminded of King Farouk of Egypt who once said:-

"Soon there will be only 5 Kings left. Hearts, Clubs, Diamonds, Spades and England."

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
30 Apr 2011 - 7:58 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64438 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
30 Apr 2011 - 9:55 AM

Well spotted trivets. I didn't notice the horse! I can't wait to see the fashion faux pas though. Some of the outfits were just ghastly (Beatrice and Eugenie spring immediately to mind). Grin

BarrieNeilPhotography

Quote: Does that means I'm going to get a tax rebate now that I'm no longer expected to contribute to the civil list?

Actually no. Your taxes will increase phenomenally now that the English tax payer no longer has to subsidise Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland (and if you doubt that, check the NOS figures Smile)

(waits for North Sea Oil to be mentioned ... yawn Grin)

Last Modified By BarrieNeilPhotography at 30 Apr 2011 - 10:13 AM
Grampy
Grampy  4507 forum posts England71 Constructive Critique Points
30 Apr 2011 - 10:20 AM

Quote: I wonder how much the whole ceremony cost? Does anybody know?

In my view whatever it cost was worth it, If GB was a company how much would it have cost for media coverage like that , it's the best thing for future tourism there could be, not forgetting the financial income from products sold in Britain possible tv rights etc.
The extra police and security workers salaries are partly recovered by the taxes they will pay , the companies involved will all pay tax on their profits and what is more important be able to keep people in employment.
It's like the olympics it all creates employment ,tourism etc and that creates taxable income into the country, so the cost must be offset against all this.
I did read that the brides father has a bill of 100 grand as a token gesture towards the costs.Smile
Phill

BarrieNeilPhotography

Totally agree with Phill

Regardless of whether you support the Monarchy as an institution or not, the event showed this country and its people at its best. Nobody, but nobody puts on a show like this.

Can you imagine our US cousins having an event that was attended by an estimated million people, where over 60 Kings, Queens and other Heads of State were within easy view of everybody and where the security presence was not so intrusive to spoil the event. In a country so closeted and protective as the US, their President can't even step out of his armoured plated limo without half the National Guard surrounding him. That speaks volumes for this country and it's people and we should be proud of that.

The Monarchy represents our country. It's an image if you like - a brand - and the financial outlay pales into insignificance when compared to the tangible and intangible benefits. The media alone paid a huge amount to cover the event. 23 studios cost each company 60,000 each I understand. A static spot on the Victoria Memorial, 1000.

Give me an accessible Royal Family any day rather than a detached, remote overtly political President oh and whilst we are on the subject of Royalty, may I wish "Gelukkig koninginnedag" to my Dutch friends Smile

Last Modified By BarrieNeilPhotography at 30 Apr 2011 - 10:42 AM
keith selmes
30 Apr 2011 - 10:47 AM

Quote: the future King and Queen of England

see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNu8XDBSn10&feature=feedf

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64438 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
30 Apr 2011 - 11:03 AM

Oy you lot. Get over on the Grumpy forum and stop hijacking my happy thread you load of miserable g*ts.

Anyway, if you're talking about cost, how much are our elected governments spending on invading and bombing other countries? How much in money and lives?

Now shut up and go away.

Smile

keith selmes
30 Apr 2011 - 11:24 AM

The true cost of the Royal Family explained Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhyYgnhhKFw&feature=relmfu

Grampy
30 Apr 2011 - 12:06 PM

Quote: Oy you lot. Get over on the Grumpy forum and stop hijacking my happy thread you load of miserable g*ts.

Anyway, if you're talking about cost, how much are our elected governments spending on invading and bombing other countries? How much in money and lives?

Now shut up and go away.

Smile

I thought we were being very supportive of your post, as a Royalist,I enjoyed the occasion and good luck to both of them, now off to the grumpy group Sad

SlowSong
30 Apr 2011 - 1:52 PM

Sorry Grampy and others. I misread a couple of posts. Blame it on my hangover. Sad

Last Modified By SlowSong at 30 Apr 2011 - 1:52 PM
Jestertheclown
30 Apr 2011 - 1:57 PM

Quote: (Those of you who contribute to the grump group will see I'm back to normal)

. . . a breath of fresh air!

Bridgelayer
30 Apr 2011 - 6:51 PM

It was nice to see the young lass being whisked off by helicopter on her way for a dirty weekend.

She could have chosen the cut of her dress with a bit more care though - it looked like she had the back of it tucked into her knickers!

GrinGrin

Last Modified By Bridgelayer at 30 Apr 2011 - 6:51 PM
polis_928tadw59

I am a Royalist - for H.M. the Queen, but I think after her, her descendants have let her down badly. That is my 2d. worth. But what I want to know, is why is there a "Happy Forum" on epz ? A damned Happy Forum ? It is like situating a pub/off licence next door to Alcoholics' Anon. Will the moderators show some sympathy to us on the Grumpy Group and remove this, puleeese.?Wink

f8
f8  119169 forum posts England22 Constructive Critique Points
30 Apr 2011 - 8:16 PM

I liked the Bentley the couple were driven to Westminster Abbey in,super colour and shape,drool-drool!!!

Oh and I just loved her sister,maid of Honour what a beauty!!

I know,men.........

Grampy
30 Apr 2011 - 8:39 PM

Yes I must say Pipa is a real dish, ok I'm a dirty old man, but what the hell I have a right to an opinion.
Phill

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.