Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The Happy Forum

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Ewanneil
Ewanneil  41118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
30 Apr 2011 - 9:42 PM

Quote: Yes I must say Pipa is a real dish, ok I'm a dirty old man, but what the hell I have a right to an opinion.
Phill

She seems to have appeal across the generations. My (nearly) 21 year-old son apparently watched the entire proceedings just because he caught sight of her early on and decided maybe it was worth watching after all.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
30 Apr 2011 - 9:42 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64445 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
30 Apr 2011 - 10:05 PM

I think Chelsey'll have to watch old Harry from now on. He looked a bit smitten to me. So did Phillip. Wink
As you say f8, men ...... Grin

f8
f8  119169 forum posts England22 Constructive Critique Points
30 Apr 2011 - 10:15 PM

Quite........ but we do love a pretty girl.

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43930 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
1 May 2011 - 9:59 AM

Two points I picked up on.
David Beckham looked extremely elegant, as usual, but he was wearing his OBE on the wrong side! He had it pinned on his right instead of on the left.

Now. Firstly, I am in favour of what the royal family stands for and what a great job they do for UK plc.
But, what is the point of a Royal Family if it is now being 'watered down' by admitting commoners to the ranks. Especially when it affects the direct line of ascession.
The Norwegian Royals are now more common than royal. The current king married a commoner. Their son, the crown prince is therefore only 50% royal. He too married a commoner, and their son is therefore only 25% royal, and he will one day becocme king.....
Keep it royal or do away with it.

Grampy
Grampy  4507 forum posts England71 Constructive Critique Points
1 May 2011 - 10:19 AM

Nothing wrong with being common, why can't a Royal family be common they are after all a symbol, the days are long past of real Royal marriages, I'm glad to say. I'd rather have a british commoner as Queen than a Greek consort (no offence to the Greeks or Prince Phillip) but as long as the symbolic Royal family is British that's all that matters to me. We have a wonderful product by which to sell this country, so long live the Queen.
As to Beckham I don't know why he wore it on the right, maybe a non military does that, what a shame he was the only one non military showing pride in his medal.
Phill

Last Modified By Grampy at 1 May 2011 - 10:21 AM
Tooth
Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
1 May 2011 - 3:37 PM

The problem I see with this "common" thingis that people seem to drool over the fact that..."ooohh, she has the common touch", "she's a very normal down to earth girl, just like one of us.." etc..... Diana was the goddess of "down to earth normalness" apparently. People even used to say it about the Queen Mother ...
yet nothing could be further from the truth. So what if they can talk to common people without looking horrified, it doesn't make them a bit common themselves. They're incredibly privileged top social class of society and they'll never go hungry or on the dole. So let them get on with their lives, good luck to them, but per-lease stop talking about the common touch

(ooops, sorry Chris, forgot which thread I was in....hmmmm - it's a beautiful sunny day today, makes you feel good to be alive Smile Smile )

Stephen

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 102290 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
2 May 2011 - 12:02 PM

Quote: Nice post .. and a nice change to the moaners and snipers ... same scentiments from me. It was nice to see such a gathering of happy well behaved people and the positive attention of 2 billion people around the world. My fiance was blubbing like a good one LOL ....

Or as one of the many moaners and snipers, I would say it would be a lot nicer to see "such a gathering of happy well behaved people and the positive attention of 2 billion people around the world" if they were celebrating the banning of the export of arms; non-inteference in other countries' affairs; more accountability of politicians to the electorate instead of big business etc. etc.
I wish William and Kate well - they seem like a nice couple but really all this nonsense of deferring to a "Royal Family" that only holds its privileged position by sheer accident of birth, is ridiculous.
The royal family, surely, are no better or worse than any average family in Britain, so far as we can measure: In my opinion they are neither exceptionally bright or stupid; nor are they exceptional nice or nasty. SadSmile
I don't think that all dissenters from establishment values are moaners or snipers: I like to think that some of us are thinkers who try to make an honest appraisal and critique of our cultural values and policies at home and abroad.

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 102290 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
2 May 2011 - 12:12 PM

Quote: (ooops, sorry Chris, forgot which thread I was in....hmmmm - it's a beautiful sunny day today, makes you feel good to be alive Smile Smile )

Stephen

Yes, I echo that - I forgot too - and in spite of my previous comments, I must admit it was quite nice to see so much happiness on TV per se.Smile
I hated the backside licking of various commentators and lackeys, though...SadSmile

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64445 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
2 May 2011 - 2:02 PM

I'm very happy today. The sun is out, the breeze is keeping the temperature just right and I've added another lovely handbag to my collection with some birthday money. Smile

Picture_Newport

Quote: Two points I picked up on.
David Beckham looked extremely elegant, as usual, but he was wearing his OBE on the wrong side! He had it pinned on his right instead of on the left.

No doubt Posh put it on for him Grin

Jestertheclown

Quote: David Beckham looked extremely elegant, as usual, but he was wearing his OBE on the wrong side! He had it pinned on his right instead of on the left.

Can he tell his left from his right then . . . ?

kaybee
kaybee  103827 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
2 May 2011 - 4:54 PM

Well he can't read - because the invitations said medals and 'adornmants' were not to be worn

Ewanneil
2 May 2011 - 5:52 PM

It's his birthday today so hopefully someone will have bought him a guide to etiquette. He's well in with royalty so will need to brush up otherwise his knighthood will be on hold - can't have commoners committing faux pas on this scale, especially in front of 2 billion. What will people think?

(Just in case you're wondering I only know it's his birthday because it's also mine).

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122261 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
2 May 2011 - 8:18 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ewan and David!

There, that's happy.

Ewanneil
2 May 2011 - 9:06 PM

Merci beaucoup mon ami. David says "thanks" too.

Ewan

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.