Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

The Happy Forum

Ewanneil 4 1.1k 2 Scotland
14 May 2013 12:10PM
I've won the Euro Millions and had a Premium Bond win. I forgot I had bought a ticket for Friday's Euro draw and was delighted to find I'd won when I checked it this morning. Then the postie brought news of another Premium Bond win - my second in 6 months.

My local camera shop will be getting a call this afternoon so I can find out what they've got that I can spend my winnings on. I think I'll just squander all of it - you only live once. What can you get for 28.20 (3.20 Euro Millions + 25 Premium Bond)?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

RogBrown 7 3.0k 10 England
14 May 2013 12:36PM

Quote:What can you get for 28.20 (3.20 Euro Millions + 25 Premium Bond)?

Begging letters? Grin
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
14 May 2013 12:39PM

Quote:Begging letters?

Not worth the (considerable) price of a stamp! Wink
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
14 May 2013 12:46PM
Can't we post begging letters here to save the postage?

Malc
joolsb 10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
14 May 2013 12:54PM
No. Go away ya cheeky beggar! Wink Wink
Ewanneil 4 1.1k 2 Scotland
14 May 2013 1:40PM
Too late. SWMBO has already muscled in and decided that my windfall has to be used to offset the cost of fixing my HDD hi-fi which went on the blink last week.

Also, I've just remembered I have a prior claim to a share of my Euro win. The lady in the Co-op who sold me the ticket assured me it would win. I promised her a share so I'll give her the 20p.
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
25 May 2013 10:00AM
" Have a lovely day "

from the young lady on the checkout in Waitrose this morning, but how did she know I am going photography related shopping later ? Smile
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
30 May 2013 3:55PM
Just spent around 4 hours helping a friend from camera club get her macro technique sorted and seen her go from "I'm not sure if my equipment is up to the job" to "Wow, look at what I can do with this gear" (her face when she pulled out a near enough hair perfect 15"x10" print we made of two Greenbottles on a yellow leaf was wonderful to see.)

She now knows that she can shoot good quality macro bug-shots and I think I have got another convert to this great pastime of macro photography Smile

Sometimes its more satisfying than getting paid! (but then, it is only my paying hobby, not my living wage Wink )
strawman 11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
14 Jun 2013 4:48PM
I picked up a budget smart phone the other week, it had win8 which i did not want, would rather have had android. All the things i worried about work fine, it sync's to my google mail and calendar no problems runs this site better and has all the aps i want and is fast. The killer bits, it downloads maps with ease all of uk no problems (then runs with no network)and has a great cycle logging app, car nav is good too. And it is great when you are in a new country finds you hotel etc and train startions and has public transport in china etc.

and the best bit a free music stream service that can be run off line. Just been enjoying 80's electronics tracks. Sod the phone bit its the other bits. It even plays videos well. Nokia is back and win8 on phone works well, not convinced about the pc version compared to 7. Skyped my son using WiFi (took sim out)

anyway free 80's retro put smile on my face while a long way from home. Nokia 520 how do they make it so low cost and make a profit??. If this is the entry phone how good are the others?
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
14 Jun 2013 5:09PM
D'ya know, I've listened to all the bad news from all over the world this week, felt really upset about all the old people, children and animals that are being neglected and mistreated and have thought about what it must be like to be homeless and starving. Here I am in my nice little house with plenty of food and no worries, changing the bedclothes and moaning about how the binmen always put my bin back at the wrong house. Duh!

Blimey I'm lucky. Sometimes it just hits me in the face. Smile
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
17 Jun 2013 5:10PM
Hey, great day. Lovely weather. Got the chimneys swept and, most importantly, my car passed its MOT! SmileSmileSmile
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
8 Jul 2013 2:10PM
A good day, except for the heatwave, but hey, I had to stay in anyway. The chap came round to measure up for our new fire which is going into the wall instead of having a fireplace, the men from our local hospice came to take away all our lovely pine dining room furniture and the OH's new lightmeter turned up via WEX. Isn't it nice when thing arrive or are done when you're expecting them? Smile

Oh, and I've just discovered how useful the Custom Function buttons are on my new Lumix G5. I haven't been out for ages taking pictures so I've had plenty of time to fiddle around with the settings and trying to figure out how to use the different modes etc.. So now I've got CF1 set up as b/w and CF2 set up as touch screen mode. Top stuff. Now, all I need is a lovely cloudy and cool day when I haven't got anything in particular to do, to go out and use it. Grin
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
25 Jul 2013 3:29PM
Am I the only happy person on here? It's all gone rather quiet. Never mind, just to rub it in, my car insurance renewal quote is 30 cheaper than last year's premium. Now that was a nice surprise. Smile
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
25 Jul 2013 4:06PM
well I'm mildly amused - supposed to be working but am playing with an elastic band gun I bought in the charity shop the other day Smile Hopefully the boss won't suddenly walk in!
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
25 Jul 2013 4:26PM
You have an elastic band gun and you're only mildly amused!!! Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.