Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The Happy Forum

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 85793 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2013 - 4:30 PM

Well I've not found anyone to aim it at yet - when I do I'll be really amused Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Jul 2013 - 4:30 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53989 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2013 - 9:41 PM

Have just bought a retro Fidelity record player circa 70s. Can't wait to get it. I've wanted one for as long as I can remember and have always regretted getting rid of my old one. We've got all the proper record player stuff, but there's just something so atmospheric about these basic boxes. Got my LPs lined up already. SmileSmileSmile

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 85793 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jul 2013 - 6:54 PM

I've just found a chunk of Rocky Road in my bag - I'd forgotten I bought that this morning Smile That's Sunday dinner sorted then!

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 33364 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway22 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jul 2013 - 7:11 PM

Quote: Have just bought a retro Fidelity record player circa 70s. Can't wait to get it. I've wanted one for as long as I can remember and have always regretted getting rid of my old one. We've got all the proper record player stuff, but there's just something so atmospheric about these basic boxes. Got my LPs lined up already. SmileSmileSmile

We had a Dansette...last record player I remember owning before music cassettes took over - C60s and C90s...

Malc

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 33364 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway22 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jul 2013 - 7:12 PM

Quote: I've just found a chunk of Rocky Road in my bag - I'd forgotten I bought that this morning Smile That's Sunday dinner sorted then!

Sorry to be such a gumbo, but what is Rocky Road? Do you bake it, grill it or eat it la sushi?

Malc

Last Modified By saltireblue at 28 Jul 2013 - 7:13 PM
cattyal
28 Jul 2013 - 7:15 PM

Chocolate cake with bits of marshmallow - sounds a tad odd but it's rather nice Smile

saltireblue
28 Jul 2013 - 7:45 PM

Quote: Chocolate cake with bits of marshmallow - sounds a tad odd but it's rather nice Smile

Oh, not at all odd, I assure you...I want some. Yum, yum!

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 109963 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jul 2013 - 8:26 PM

Chocolate Marshmallows - a sweet reminder of my distant past Grin

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53989 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
15 Aug 2013 - 8:39 PM

Have just been successful on fleebay and got a copy of The In Crowd by Dobie Gray. Have wanted it for years. SmileSmileSmile It'll play great on my new (old) Fidelity record player. Smile

Last Modified By SlowSong at 15 Aug 2013 - 8:40 PM
Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114435 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
30 Oct 2013 - 5:16 PM

Well what a month we've had Tongue Firstly as some of you know I won the free draw for a Landscape workshop in Scotland with Colin Prior in February which I'm over the moon with. Secondly we had an offer on our house which we've been trying to sell since April........And now due due to a collapsed chain our offer on a property we've had our eye on close to the very edge of Dartmoor has been accepted. What's more because we have first time buyers purchasing our property and will be cash buyers on the new home in theory we could be settled and in the new house within 12 weeks all being well and if the solicitors etc pull their fingers out!!!.......

It was a close run thing as we've just had the phone call from the estate agents saying it was ours if we wanted it because of the collapsed chain.......And this came just minutes before we were about to make an offer on another property which we viewed today that was close by but slightly cheaper because it needed a fair bit of work.......The new home we intend to move to is a simple case of move in, unpack and put our feet up.

The landscape workshop in Scotland should put me in good stead especially as after we visited this property today we took a drive up onto the moor and because of the weather it was looking incredibly beautiful and dramatic........Just have to keep our fingers crossed now that it doesn't all fall through, but to say that we are very excited and ecstatic about the prospect of this move would be an understatement GrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

God help Devon is all I can say and God help all you EPZ members once I start getting the landscape images in.....Wink.......Sorry if this post seems a little self indulgent, but I'm bursting to tell folk Tongue

All visits will be on a first come first served basis and dependent on whether how much we like you! Blush

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 109963 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
30 Oct 2013 - 5:23 PM

Good luck with the house moves Ade, sounds as if you may be onto a goodie this time Smile

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114435 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
30 Oct 2013 - 5:25 PM

Oh I do hope so mate as this "we hope" is going to be our final move.......If everything goes to plan and all our homework pays off, the only way I'll be leaving is in a coffin in the back of a hearse Tongue

ColleenA
ColleenA e2 Member 1111 forum postsColleenA vcard South Africa3 Constructive Critique Points
30 Oct 2013 - 5:42 PM

Congrats Ade, what wonderful news on both accounts...

Ade_Osman
30 Oct 2013 - 5:47 PM

I just wanna go NOW! Tongue

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 74167 forum postsKarenFB vcard England159 Constructive Critique Points
30 Oct 2013 - 9:04 PM

Welcome to Devon!! Grin................though, you do realise it will take you two hours to get to the M5! Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.