Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The Happy Forum

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Ewanneil
Ewanneil  41118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2011 - 11:02 AM

Quote: Just listened to "Your Desert Island Discs" on Radio 4. What a nice programme. I've not enjoyed changing the bedclothes and dusting so much for ages. Smile

Who was the guest?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Jun 2011 - 11:02 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

polis_928tadw59
11 Jun 2011 - 11:27 AM

If SlowSong is referring to last week's Desert etc., then the guest was Alfie Boe, whoever he may be and he picked a right load of twaddle, including the Beatles.Tongue

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64539 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2011 - 11:30 AM

Quote: If SlowSong is referring to last week's Desert etc.,

No I wasn't. It was this morning's programme when the public were asked to send in their top faves and it was a compilation. All the usual suspects came top of course, but it was an interesting listen. Smile

polis_928tadw59
11 Jun 2011 - 11:55 AM

Ooooooo, I do beg your pardon.Wink We generally listen to it on a Sunday morning, so if it was a good one then I will catch up tomorrow. By the usual suspects I hope you do not mean the beatles, cliff richard, and all that puke making lot. Don't tell me though - keep me in suspenders, sorry suspense.(I put that in, in case adrian_w is watching here - throw him a hook and he will bite.Smile)
One of the best programmes EVER was Sing Something Simple on a Sunday evening. A half hour sing song on Radio 2. You could hear all the miners in our street singing, as they were shaving, prior to going out to the church, or was it the pub, before the next week's grind.Grin

Last Modified By polis_928tadw59 at 11 Jun 2011 - 11:56 AM
Ewanneil
Ewanneil  41118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2011 - 12:02 PM

Quote: One of the best programmes EVER was Sing Something Simple on a Sunday evening.

Ah! The memories come flooding back - "sit down, be quiet, play with your toys, draw something, do anything but do it quietly so your dad can listen". I'd forgotten all about "Sing Something Simple". I bl**dy hated it at the time because I had to be quiet but it's nice to think back to those days.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64539 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2011 - 12:51 PM

Today's DIDs was a one-off. No celebrities, just us ordinary members of the public.

Quote: One of the best programmes EVER was Sing Something Simple

Now why am I not surprised? Tongue

polis_928tadw59
11 Jun 2011 - 12:54 PM

I do believe the programmes were recorded, but I think it has something to do with copyright, or something, that they do not repeat them. They also moved it from 6pm -ish to about 4pm.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110366 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2011 - 1:05 PM

A happy five minutes for me when a past customer rang this morning to say how much they were enjoying a print they got from me earlier this year and could they please have another.

Last Modified By brian1208 at 11 Jun 2011 - 1:06 PM
SlowSong
11 Jun 2011 - 1:07 PM

Wot, of the same pic Brian? They liked it so much they've worn it out already?

Wink

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110366 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2011 - 1:19 PM

Could be they like it so much they want it in the upstairs loo as well as the downstairs one? Tongue

SlowSong
12 Jun 2011 - 5:25 PM

Great day. Heavy rain to water the garden, and it got me out of going shopping too.
flowerface-dark.jpg

polis_928tadw59

Why, do you go shopping for water to water the garden,SlowSong ? If you post me your address I will send you a diagram as to how to fix a hosepipe to your tap. It must be horrendous going all the way up that hill for water, and then having to stand in the queue behind .......... Jack and Jill.GrinSmileSmileTongueWink

SlowSong
12 Jun 2011 - 5:43 PM

Sometimes I wonder what planet you're on Polis. Tongue

polis_928tadw59

Planet Earth, I believe, SlowSong. It has been raining here, too, so I went out with the dogs. Got wet.Wink One of these days I WILL make that avatar of you smile.Smile

SlowSong
12 Jun 2011 - 7:19 PM

Well this being the happy place I smile on here a lot, but others keep hijacking it for their own miserable ends!!! Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.