Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

The Heavy & the Beauty - Miranda Sensorex

Royalrat 3 7 Israel
6 Oct 2011 8:15AM
miranda-sensorex---side---s.jpg

Alexander from Jerusalem knew about my crazy bug with film cameras and tried for a long time to raise my interest in his SLR’s collection. A trip to Jerusalem doesn’t take more than one hour drive from Tel-Aviv, but still, I had no big rush to see a Canon or a Nikon. About a week ago he called me and said he has something very special for me. An SLR I just can’t miss. When I asked which SLR he was talking about, he whispered only one word: “Miranda…”. “Miranda who?” I asked. “Check it out” he said, and the conversation was over. I went quickly to the nearest Internet portal – in this case, my Ayo (That’s how Gefen calls my IPhone), and googled “Miranda camera”. Well, of course I was interested – Miranda is a beauty.

More photos and details about Miranda Sensorex:
(link removed: see terms and conditions)

the-dome-over-the-wall.jpg

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pabloisme 4 566 England
6 Oct 2011 8:44AM
I had one in the mid/late 1960's a stonker! but MUCH under rated (and sold at silly LOW prices)

I had a waist level finder weeeeeeee (I did use it as well!)

the lenses were as good as any at the time (probably better than todays plasticky ones!)

BUT as we all do! I regretted flogging it on in the mid 70's
adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
6 Oct 2011 10:59AM
I bought one in the early 70s, my 1st SLR after using viewfinder cameras. An absolute joy to use & great results from it, the lens was a cracker. I eventually px'ed it for an Olympus OM1. No regrets about upgrading but I sometimes wish I had held on to it.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.