Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The Hunger Issue 2

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 95956 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
15 May 2012 - 6:07 PM

Quote: The local branch of my WH Smiths will not stock them, they also refused to get me one in Sad

That's a bit of a sod - I'll check my local one next time I'm going by - just in case any have appeared.....

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 May 2012 - 6:07 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

strawman
strawman  1021997 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
15 May 2012 - 6:09 PM

My local news agent collared me the other day and handed me the latest copy. Its a big copy but worth the money. So have a word with your local small newsagent they may well be able to get it in from the distributor.

Last Modified By strawman at 15 May 2012 - 6:10 PM
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314806 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
15 May 2012 - 11:25 PM

Yes looks like I`ll be trying at my local newsagent.

There`s plenty of free pdf magazines that I read, the latest I have discovered is here.

http://www.stark-magazine.com

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53509 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
17 May 2012 - 8:24 PM

Smile At last, just found a few copies at waterloo station. Some inspiration indeed.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54168 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
20 May 2012 - 3:56 PM

Just been flicking through Hunger Vol2 at Smiths in Ilford. Excellent images, and all for 4.95. Although I was confused for a bit as there are two different covers for the same edition, but the insides are the same.

Having done that I thought I'd buy a copy of Advanced Photographer. Blimey - that was 4.95 too, and as thin as a cigarette paper. Outrageous. I left it. Whether it's your genre or not, at least you get your money's worth with Hunger, and Rankin really loves you too. Smile

spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
21 May 2012 - 5:40 PM

Good title for a fashion magazine.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54168 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
23 May 2012 - 4:41 PM

They've got one in my local Sainsburys. Exclusive or what! Smile

keith selmes
25 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

Having seen this thread, I had a look around Sainsbury's, and there it was.
Not what I would usually go for, but really high quality work, and such a huge amount for the price of a normal here-today-thrown-tomorrow magazine.
Never mind the quality feel the width - well you get both with this one, and a bargain price.
And although it is not my usual thing, I keep going back to it. It's a mind opener as well as an eye pleaser.

SlowSong
26 May 2012 - 1:08 PM

It's obviously doing well. My Sainsburys has four in stock now. Well, three - I bought one in the end myself.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314806 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
31 May 2012 - 3:41 PM

How often does this come out twice a year or for times a year.

Can`t get the mag anywhere, even the local news agents struggles to understand that I want them to get me issue two.

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53509 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
31 May 2012 - 4:45 PM

Hi Paul, its twice a year
http://www.hungertv.com/pages/about/

You can subscribe for updates as well on that link

Cheers
stuart

Paul Morgan
31 May 2012 - 5:00 PM

Cheers thanks

meercat
meercat  5278 forum posts United Kingdom
27 Jun 2012 - 1:06 PM

Don't know if anyone is still looking for this mag but Milton Keynes WHSmiths has one left (did have 2 till I nabbed the other).

SlowSong
27 Jun 2012 - 3:26 PM

There's still about 4 knocking about in my local Sainsburys. Not too cultural around my way. Grin

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.