Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The National Mood

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
mikehit
mikehit  56313 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
8 Oct 2012 - 7:27 PM

Quote: the French do it up to the point where they feel it starts to disadvantage them, then they do what they want.

I really admire the French for their chutzpah when they do that - I just wish they did not spend half their time insisting on legislation that will be Europe-wide then ignore it themselves. Ho hum.

But I wonder how long that description of France will last? Economic reality is already affecting the spending in the public service and will soon start to show.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Oct 2012 - 7:27 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lemmy
lemmy  71831 forum posts United Kingdom
8 Oct 2012 - 11:26 PM

Quote: But I wonder how long that description of France will last? Economic reality is already affecting the spending in the public service and will soon start to show.

They have difficult times ahead just as we do. Their strength is that they have looked ahead and built strong infrastructure and not made themselves slaves to bankers and debt. French household debt is a fraction of the UK's. On the other hand they have the dead weight of the euro and the necessity to support the 'euro-fringe' with its irresponsible fiscal behaviour.

In the UK we have simply printed and borrowed more money to solve our problem, compounding it but moving it to the future. But we do have a currency of which we are the master. Both outlooks and situations are pretty dire.

For myself, I feel as at home in France as I do in the UK so I'll go wherever I feel life is better. Today, it was 23c and sunny. The cicadas are making a merry sound outside and I had a couple of glasses of a rather good Brouilly this evening which I buy for just over 3 a bottle. At dusk I went for a cycle ride through the vineyards. France has the edge, I think.

On the other hand, I'll be back in London on Sunday and a glass of London pride will go down a treat Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.