Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

The New, Modest, David Bailey

lemmy 7 2.2k United Kingdom
25 Mar 2014 7:46PM
This is a quote from Martin Jordan's piece on rock photography elsewhere on this site.

Quote:Also fashion and fetish photographer Damian McGillicuddy was there, who told me that he had taken over from David Bailey as Olympus principal photographer. On the Olympus website he says 'I am more than happy to have secured my position as one of the UK's best photographers by accruing 673 international awards'.

Anyone who has read Diary of A Nobody will know the character Mr Pooter. He's back!

Can you imagine David Bailey, Martin Parr or Sebastaio Salgado saying anything like that?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan 13 16.4k 6 England
25 Mar 2014 7:51PM

Quote:Can you imagine David Bailey, Martin Parr or Sebastaio Salgado saying anything like that?

The times have changed.

What article is it then ?
puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2014 9:58PM
Let's just hope he does not get his ears stuck when he goes through a door!
ade_mcfade Plus
11 15.2k 216 England
25 Mar 2014 10:03PM
shhh - he's an advertiser on the site Wink
Paul Morgan 13 16.4k 6 England
25 Mar 2014 10:46PM

Quote:Shhh - he's an advertiser on the site Wink

The likes of David Bailey lived in a different world when they were first getting there feet wet, its a whole different ball game now.

Today you need to be capable of a whole lot more than just being able to take great pictures, I`m not knocking Bailey but its just that the times have changed.

Lemmy just has an axe to grind, he`s been here before Smile
keithh Plus
11 23.6k 33 Wallis And Futuna
26 Mar 2014 10:20AM
Apparently he is the only photographer ever to be awarded The Grand Master Bar by The Societies.

I have absolutely no idea what that means but I have just informed David Icke.
Nick_w 7 4.1k 99 England
26 Mar 2014 10:37AM

Quote:Apparently he is the only photographer ever to be awarded The Grand Master Bar by The Societies. .

Sounds like one of those masogenistic societies, with funny hand shakes and rolled up trousers.
26 Mar 2014 11:59AM

Quote:Sounds like one of those masogenistic societies, with funny hand shakes and rolled up trousers

Not at all. These awards have great meaning. Today I received notification from The Worldwide Organisation Of Greatest Photographers that I had won their top award, The Supreme Greatest Ever Photographer In The Universe.

This, by the way, is my 674th international award which is one more than the present 'one of the UK's best photographers' and justifies my description as the UK's best photographer.

As a result of my celebrity I have just ordered a new car with one way glass windows. I have had them reversed so that ordinary people can look in and see me but I cannot look out and see them. I have also re-arranged my studio so that rather than my world famous celebrity friends coming in and me photographing them, they come in to photograph me.
thewilliam 6 5.0k
26 Mar 2014 1:57PM
No other wedding photographer comes close to Derek Pye, the world's greatest living wedding photographer. Can I assume that Lemmy doesn't do weddings?
26 Mar 2014 2:21PM

Quote:Can I assume that Lemmy doesn't do weddings

You can, strictly editorial. To prove it, I was awarded 'The Greatest Newspaper and Magazine Photographer Ever In The World' award earlier this year.

I am, however, covering the wedding of my old friends Eric and Maisy of 11, The Chase, Wolverhampton later this year, after which I will be offered and will accept the award for 'The World's Greatest Ever Wedding Photographer'.

So Derek Pye will have to look to his laurels.
keithh Plus
26 Mar 2014 5:31PM
I was named Best Belly Button Fluff Photographer at last years International Anatomical Detritus Imagemaker Awards.
Nick_w 7 4.1k 99 England
26 Mar 2014 5:57PM
Too much naval gazing Keith Wink
keithh Plus
26 Mar 2014 6:11PM
Omphaloskepsis to you, Nick Wink
peterjones 13 4.1k 1 United Kingdom
26 Mar 2014 6:12PM
It's all Greek to me.
26 Mar 2014 6:12PM

Quote: was named Best Belly Button Fluff Photographer at last years International Anatomical Detritus Imagemaker Awards

Only because you bribed the judges. They had already awarded that to me but I heard that you dropped the judges a packet of Woodbines each and they gave it to you.

That would have been my 675th major award.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.