Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The New, Modest, David Bailey

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

lemmy
lemmy  71774 forum posts United Kingdom
25 Mar 2014 - 7:46 PM

This is a quote from Martin Jordan's piece on rock photography elsewhere on this site.

Quote: Also fashion and fetish photographer Damian McGillicuddy was there, who told me that he had taken over from David Bailey as Olympus principal photographer. On the Olympus website he says 'I am more than happy to have secured my position as one of the UK's best photographers by accruing 673 international awards'.

Anyone who has read Diary of A Nobody will know the character Mr Pooter. He's back!

Can you imagine David Bailey, Martin Parr or Sebastaio Salgado saying anything like that?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Mar 2014 - 7:46 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314957 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
25 Mar 2014 - 7:51 PM

Quote: Can you imagine David Bailey, Martin Parr or Sebastaio Salgado saying anything like that?

The times have changed.

What article is it then ?

puertouk
puertouk  21054 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
25 Mar 2014 - 9:58 PM

Let's just hope he does not get his ears stuck when he goes through a door!

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014740 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
25 Mar 2014 - 10:03 PM

shhh - he's an advertiser on the site Wink

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314957 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
25 Mar 2014 - 10:46 PM

Quote: Shhh - he's an advertiser on the site Wink

The likes of David Bailey lived in a different world when they were first getting there feet wet, its a whole different ball game now.

Today you need to be capable of a whole lot more than just being able to take great pictures, I`m not knocking Bailey but its just that the times have changed.

Lemmy just has an axe to grind, he`s been here before Smile

keithh
keithh  1022799 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
26 Mar 2014 - 10:20 AM

Apparently he is the only photographer ever to be awarded The Grand Master Bar by The Societies.

I have absolutely no idea what that means but I have just informed David Icke.

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73823 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
26 Mar 2014 - 10:37 AM

Quote: Apparently he is the only photographer ever to be awarded The Grand Master Bar by The Societies. .

Sounds like one of those masogenistic societies, with funny hand shakes and rolled up trousers.

lemmy
26 Mar 2014 - 11:59 AM

Quote: Sounds like one of those masogenistic societies, with funny hand shakes and rolled up trousers

Not at all. These awards have great meaning. Today I received notification from The Worldwide Organisation Of Greatest Photographers that I had won their top award, The Supreme Greatest Ever Photographer In The Universe.

This, by the way, is my 674th international award which is one more than the present 'one of the UK's best photographers' and justifies my description as the UK's best photographer.

As a result of my celebrity I have just ordered a new car with one way glass windows. I have had them reversed so that ordinary people can look in and see me but I cannot look out and see them. I have also re-arranged my studio so that rather than my world famous celebrity friends coming in and me photographing them, they come in to photograph me.

thewilliam
26 Mar 2014 - 1:57 PM

No other wedding photographer comes close to Derek Pye, the world's greatest living wedding photographer. Can I assume that Lemmy doesn't do weddings?

lemmy
26 Mar 2014 - 2:21 PM

Quote: Can I assume that Lemmy doesn't do weddings

You can, strictly editorial. To prove it, I was awarded 'The Greatest Newspaper and Magazine Photographer Ever In The World' award earlier this year.

I am, however, covering the wedding of my old friends Eric and Maisy of 11, The Chase, Wolverhampton later this year, after which I will be offered and will accept the award for 'The World's Greatest Ever Wedding Photographer'.

So Derek Pye will have to look to his laurels.

keithh
26 Mar 2014 - 5:31 PM

I was named Best Belly Button Fluff Photographer at last years International Anatomical Detritus Imagemaker Awards.

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73823 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
26 Mar 2014 - 5:57 PM

Too much naval gazing Keith Wink

keithh
26 Mar 2014 - 6:11 PM

Omphaloskepsis to you, Nick Wink

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123860 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
26 Mar 2014 - 6:12 PM

It's all Greek to me.

lemmy
26 Mar 2014 - 6:12 PM

Quote: was named Best Belly Button Fluff Photographer at last years International Anatomical Detritus Imagemaker Awards

Only because you bribed the judges. They had already awarded that to me but I heard that you dropped the judges a packet of Woodbines each and they gave it to you.

That would have been my 675th major award.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.