Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

The new Dr Who?

Picture_Newport 6 659 19 United Kingdom
4 Apr 2010 7:41PM
I'm with Ade, the new assistant is far more interesting Grin...

he was quite good, just as good as Tennant IMO.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

discreetphoton e2
10 3.5k 20 United Kingdom
4 Apr 2010 7:48PM
I was a big fan of Tennant's Doctor, having had to suffer McCoy when I was a kid Sad
I think there's potential for Smith, although at the moment he seems to be playing it quite like the last Doctor, possibly to ease the transition. Although, the new score arrangement, titles, screwdriver colour and Tardis design all scream "a whole new show". I suspect he will take the role somewhere different as the character develops.
Agree though, new girl is excellent from the start.
cats_123 e2
10 4.0k 25 Northern Ireland
4 Apr 2010 7:56PM
have seen all the Doctors over the years...will hold judgment on this one. Bit of a naff script, and too drawn out..but the trailers of things to come look promising Smile
Cristian 10 950 1
4 Apr 2010 8:30PM
Saw about 5 minutes while "channel hopping". And hey, never mind the new doctor, I was far more concerned about his new assistant.
minicooper 6 536 United Kingdom
5 Apr 2010 6:47PM
Well it looks like his new assistant is getting the thumps up. Must say very nice legs. People holding back on Matt but time will tell. Anyway back to that uniform ski.....
sut68 e2
11 2.0k 76 England
5 Apr 2010 7:05PM

Quote:John Pertwee has yet to be surpassed ?

I really did enjoy John Pertwee as the doctor, but Tom Baker takes some beating ... Jellybaby anyone? Wink
KevSB 10 1.4k 5 United Kingdom
5 Apr 2010 7:17PM
In most any other series changing a well known character with relatively unknown actors would be the death knell but i believe it shows great casting and story lines that can carry the changes like they have.
I found it quite hard to adjust at first but he grew on me over the episode and by the end felt he has allot of penitential, he had big pair of shoes to fill and believe he may well do it over the series.
ade_mcfade e2
10 14.8k 216 England
5 Apr 2010 7:41PM
Consensus in the pub yesterday was....

"nice legs"

I was too young for Pertwee, Baker was the first I remembered, really good - and lasted a long time, which at the age of 7 is "forever"

I quite liked Tristan, ahem, Peter Davidson, too.

Started losing interest with Colin baker

Gave up on Sylvester McCoy, though Ace did have a certain allure Wink

Thought the one-off with Paul Mcgann worked too

Christopher Ecclestone is a class act - liked the slightly-maniacal Dr he portrayed, one minute joking around, then deadly serious.

David Tennant was class too - seemed to have a far more emotional script from Mr Davies than most Doctors have and played it well. May not have been to everyone's taste, but he didn't write the stories.

I reckon with Moffat in charge, we'll see more intense stuff like that episode "Blink", which was arguably the best of the new series - and hopefully more kiss-o-gram outfits of course Wink

Matt Smith... well he grabbed someone by the lapells and shouted at him... not seen much of that kind of thing with the other doctors so maybe we're going to have done to the Doctor what Daniel Craig did with Bond??
Jay44 8 1.4k Wales
5 Apr 2010 8:20PM
I love watching Dr Who and Torchwood because I like spotting the locations.

This new episode of Dr Who was filmed around Llandaff Cathederal - I photographed a wedding there two years ago.

In fact, about 4 weeks ago Dr Who was in my town filming!

Oh, and yes... thumbs up for Matt Smith
discreetphoton e2
10 3.5k 20 United Kingdom
6 Apr 2010 12:14AM

Quote:"Blink", which was arguably the best of the new series

Agreed. I was quite chuffed to see 'Sally Sparrow' win a BAFTA and bag an Oscar nomination, she carried the whole episode (not that i've seen "An Education" yet).
Hope they don't mess it all up when they bring the Weeping Angels back.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.