Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

The Piers and Gordon Show

montechoro 12 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
13 Feb 2010 4:47AM
A partly political broadcast on behalf of the desperate for votes and manipulation of the masses party.

Scenario - Piers, a big mate of Alastair gets to interview Gord who has by chance already been groomed by said spin doctor Alastair.

Politicians want to keep their private lives private, as what they do in private does not influence their day jobs - until they think airing them in public may win them a few votes.

Is this the same Gord that stormed out of an interview because of questions about his private life a couple of years ago?

So, Prime Minister, did you join the Mile High Club? - now there is an image which will haunt me long after the programme has aired.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SuziBlue 12 16.2k 10 Scotland
13 Feb 2010 7:57AM
It kinda stinks doesn't it. And who was it the other day who practically broke down when discussing Tony Blair and the Chilcot Inquiry .. Mandelson. Are they all sobbing on each other's shoulders at the moment? What gives?
Toonman 7 1.4k 2 England
13 Feb 2010 8:14AM
Its so false. Trying to imitate the American style of campaigning. YUK
collywobles 10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
13 Feb 2010 8:58AM
Saw it and I'm sorry for Gordons loss but to do this for an electioneering point is really sad. Mind you half the British public would vote for a Monkey if it appaeared on TV with a Cat in its arms, so I think 'we' have brought this kind of political behaviour on ourselves! Should we be surprised!
gcarth e2
10 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
13 Feb 2010 10:12AM

Quote:Its so false. Trying to imitate the American style of campaigning. YUK
Absolutely. I think many of Britain's woes stem from our slavish imitation and deference to America - a complete basket-case of a country (though, I hasten to add, there are millions of good ordinary people there).
However, I don't think Gordon Brown's pathetic efforts to cling to power are any worse than the hypocrisy of the Tories.
It sickens me how television programmes are used to manipulate audiences into shedding tears for the personal tragedies of individuals in the west who live in a cosy and comfortable life-style; but these same individuals contribute to illegal invasions of other nations that result in the mass killing of innocent citizens - that is what I call real tragedy.
collywobles 10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
13 Feb 2010 11:51AM
I'm really struggling to decide who I shall vote for this time. I'm dissapointed with all parties not because of the Expenses issue - thats just a minor thing in comparison to the real issues. I tend to be a Conservative with a strong social responsibility, but do I believe the Tories will help the unfortunate (not the lazy) of our society, no, I dont believe they will. Will Labour stop throwing my money down the drain, certainly not. Do the Liberals have a chance, unlikely.

I am therefore in a quandry. But because I believe you should vote I will - but its gonna be a hard decision.
montechoro 12 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
13 Feb 2010 3:34PM

Quote: Mind you half the British public would vote for a Monkey if it appeared on TV with a Cat in its arms,

ROFL - so true!

Bubbles for PM and Tiddles for Chancellor - it would be a landslide - but what would they call the party and what would be it's first priority?
gcarth e2
10 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
23 Feb 2010 4:50PM

Quote:I'm really struggling to decide who I shall vote for this time.
Why?
Even the Lib-Dems are a much better option than either the Tories or New (Tory) Labour.
Then, there are the Greens - they really do have solutions but no one listens to them because they are thought to have even less chance of being elected than the Lib-Dems.
My contention is that we should all vote simply for who we think is the best party to lead the country because even if the party of your choice doesn't get elected, it might gain more votes than before and thus attract more votes in the future.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.