Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

The Plot Thickens

puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
21 Feb 2013 11:11PM
The evidence says they were arguing loudly for some time. I think she was going to leave him, as a bag was packed. He went beserk after she told him this, she then locked herself in the bathroom because she was frightened. He threatened her to come out of the bathroom and when she told him she wouldn't and that she was going to call the police, he opened fire and killed her. He then battered the door down with the cricket bat and found her lying on the bathroom floor dead. They should stand him against a wall and shoot him! He's a cold blooded killer.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brian1208 e2
11 10.4k 12 United Kingdom
21 Feb 2013 11:14PM

Quote:The evidence says they were arguing loudly for some time. I think she was going to leave him, as a bag was packed. He went beserk after she told him this, she then locked herself in the bathroom because she was frightened. He threatened her to come out of the bathroom and when she told him she wouldn't and that she was going to call the police, he opened fire and killed her. He then battered the door down with the cricket bat and found her lying on the bathroom floor dead. They should stand him against a wall and shoot him! He's a cold blooded killer.

I guess he will be glad that you won't be on the Jury then, since you have clearly decided the outcome of the case before the trial Grin
StrayCat e2
10 15.0k 2 Canada
22 Feb 2013 3:11AM
Some of us have pure, primordial feelings within at times, usually brought on in my case by one person's complete disregard for the lives of others. It's good that our justice systems move slowly, there's a bit less emotion involved. I think many of us see an injustice about to unfold in this case, and it turns our stomachs. Brian, what we are all stating on here is our opinion, of course, to which we are all entitled. A fair trial, yes, 100%, but will it happen, will the girl's death be brushed off as a mistake, an accident, or will justice be served? They don't have much of a track record in that country, no pun intended.
lobsterboy e2
10 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
22 Feb 2013 5:52AM

Quote:I guess he will be glad that you won't be on the Jury then, since you have clearly decided the outcome of the case before the trial

Mind you, neither will anyone else. They dont have jury trials in SA.
brian1208 e2
22 Feb 2013 6:31AM

Quote:They dont have jury trials in SA

I learn something new every day Chris.

On that basis I guess he doesn't stand a chance
lobsterboy e2
22 Feb 2013 6:49AM
Don't know Brian - maybe Judges would be less swayed by outside influences than jurors ?
brian1208 e2
22 Feb 2013 7:13AM
No idea myself Chris if truth be told - as Denny said above, just a gut feeling that the trial decision will not be made in court
collywobles 10 3.3k 9 United Kingdom
22 Feb 2013 9:09AM
The one thing that stands out in all this for me is the SA justice system. A murder trial without a jury, a court that is just short a rugby scrum, release of evidence before a trial -- if I ever get in trouble (which I wont) I'm glad I live in the UK with its justice system.............
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
22 Feb 2013 11:27AM
In the UK though your guilt is decided by amateurs who take notice of what the media and rumour say and may not be veyr professional when it comes to their own prejudices about race or sexual orientation. Judging by some things I've seen you say in this forum I don't think many people would want you as their juror... Wink
lemmy 7 2.0k United Kingdom
22 Feb 2013 1:11PM

Quote:I'm glad I live in the UK with its justice system

Yes, I'd hate my fate to be in the hands of people who didn't know the meaning of the words 'reasonable' or 'doubt' and thought they might be able to make their decision based on factors not discussed in court and of which they had no evidence for or against.

In the light of that, I would either judge him not guilty because he is a sporting hero or guilty because he is white. I have the coin ready to spin and I await the call from the South African authorities.
mikehit e2
5 6.8k 11 United Kingdom
22 Feb 2013 1:25PM
The worrying thing about that case is that at least the jury had the nerve to ask the questions - I would be amazed if jury members did not use the same judgements without expressing them.

If you want juries, that is what you will end up with. The only other option is the inqusitorial system in some other countries where it is all down to magistrates or judges.
arhb e2
7 2.4k 68 United Kingdom
22 Feb 2013 2:03PM
Lucky that there is absolutely zero to report news-wise in the UK, given the amount of air time BBC news 24 are giving to this farce.
lemmy 7 2.0k United Kingdom
22 Feb 2013 2:20PM

Quote:given the amount of air time BBC news 24 are giving to this farce.

I'm not sure I'd describe a world renowned Olympic sports star who has shot his girl friend 4 times as a farce.
lobsterboy e2
22 Feb 2013 2:33PM
When the story first broke the BBC ended up talking to a local journalist, he was an absolute joy to watch his delivery was "fact, fact, fact,..." such a refreshing change from the reporters the BBC seems to prefer with their endless speculation and asking people how they feel.
arhb e2
7 2.4k 68 United Kingdom
22 Feb 2013 3:08PM

Quote:given the amount of air time BBC news 24 are giving to this farce.

I'm not sure I'd describe a world renowned Olympic sports star who has shot his girl friend 4 times as a farce.

I do Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.