Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The return of the RAW Challenge

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
7 Apr 2010 - 12:15 PM

It's been a long time since we last had a RAW challenge so I thought I'd set one up and illustrate two areas of the site that you may not yet have tried. I'm using the Challenge and Downloads areas.

Downloads
The download area is where you can upload RAW files for people to download and see for themselves quality of cameras etc. It's also here where you can add wallpapers, share ideas, add pdfs, calenders etc.

Challenges
An area developed for the competitive members but also for those who like to rate photos. You can start new challenges, set time limits, enter an existing challenge or vote on entered photos.

RAW Challenge (click on this title for more info)
Now on the 10th challenge. The idea is we provide an original RAW file. You download it and edit it in your RAW editing program, and then further in your image editing program if you want to change it. Everyone starts with the same file and it's up to you to turn that into the best possible result. Straight or creatively manipulated...it's up to you. Then once closed there's extra time to rate each photo and the winner is the entry with the highest rating.

I hope many of you have a go. The winning entry will get a prize. It will be either magix software, if we have any left, or an ePHOTOzine camera strap. The prize shouldn't be the motivation though

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Apr 2010 - 12:15 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Scutter
Scutter e2 Member 61742 forum postsScutter vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
7 Apr 2010 - 12:23 PM

Oh goody, this should be great - particularly as it will show just how low down the learning curve I am!TongueTongueSad (but also hopefully i will see how others fair!)Smile

BigRick
BigRick  82085 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
7 Apr 2010 - 8:32 PM

Good idea, just had a look at the page, and uploaded my entry.... Smile

Toonman
Toonman  71420 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
7 Apr 2010 - 8:38 PM

Sounds good to me.

Adam

Toonman
Toonman  71420 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
7 Apr 2010 - 8:49 PM

Blimey Pete, A strawberry hazed lighthouse! you're not going to make this an easy one are you? Wink
Adam

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
24 Apr 2010 - 7:42 AM

Entries are still coming in and it's looking interesting. Some members have asked why you can't vote when you submit a picture to the challenge. We thought it was unfair because many would naturally want their picture to do well so would vote high score on theirs and low on the rest. This would make the results biased. The downside is you have to make a choice of either entering or becoming a judge, that would be the same in most competitions.

Jalapeno
Jalapeno  4127 forum posts Iceland2 Constructive Critique Points
24 Apr 2010 - 9:25 AM

i must have missed that if you vote then submit....it doesnt count.....oh well.....

KevSB
KevSB  101407 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
24 Apr 2010 - 12:44 PM

The thing is I came across the chalenge voted on a few then decided to enter , went back to finsh off voting and couldent so in my case I did not vote fairly for half the entrys which may well have been much better, can you delete all my votes

User_Removed
24 Apr 2010 - 12:53 PM

Love the RAW challenge

Paintman
Paintman e2 Member 7846 forum postsPaintman vcard United Kingdom173 Constructive Critique Points
25 Apr 2010 - 9:08 AM

I seem to have the same problem with seeing my up-loaded entry as bppowell and Niknut. Is there a simple solution to this? Is it worth uploading again?

bppowell
bppowell  122125 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
25 Apr 2010 - 9:18 AM

I have found my shot in the challange section. Maybe it does not appear on this page until it gets a certain score.

It aslo looks like there are two differnt threads about the same thing, one in the challange section and this one.

Barry

Pete
25 Apr 2010 - 9:18 AM

did you click on "show more entries"?

bppowell
bppowell  122125 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
25 Apr 2010 - 9:21 AM

Quote: Did you click on "show more entries"?

Not till much later, it has been a long time since I looked at the challanges.

Barry

Niknut
Niknut e2 Member 4551 forum postsNiknut vcard United Kingdom60 Constructive Critique Points
25 Apr 2010 - 4:25 PM

The mist has lifted for this old fool on Challenge 10, & look forward to any more that come along.......great fun, beats watching all the s--t on the telly !Wink

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
25 Apr 2010 - 5:20 PM

I had a go at this one, it was good fun, I'm at the bottom of the page though and it wasn't 100% obvious that you had to select 'show more entries' to see all of them and I didn't think mine had uploaded either, I refreshed the page umpteen times before I spotted the link..

Wouldn't it be better, after you've uploaded one, to get sent straight to the page with all the entries on?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.