Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

The slide continues?

jondf e2
8 2.7k
28 Jun 2012 1:41PM
Not satisfied with causing a world slump through dodgy money lending and the off loading of toxic debt to each other, the banks are at it again. Barclays takes a blast from - and I had to wipe my eyes when I saw this - a Tory prime minister of all people. Make no mistake, the banks are an intrinsic part of the Establishment.....or where up until now it seems. There comes a point when the rules cannot be bent any more than they already have and would be transgressors find themselves sliding into the area of unlawful acts. A varying number of triggers can cause it like arrogance and greed through to blinkered and blind wilfulness to carry on regardless of the consequences with performances bonuses often being the poison in the well.

But my point is this - if the people running banks are prepared to turn a blind eye to malpractice, it doesn't auger well for the future. There used to be men of principal running these organisations and others like them. In today's culture of grab it, dodge it and run, one could be forgiven for being concerned as to what the future might hold.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18622264

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Randle e2
8 100 United Kingdom
28 Jun 2012 2:14PM
Oh! its that sort of slide, I thought film had made a comeback Smile
fraser e2
10 631 14 Scotland
28 Jun 2012 2:27PM
A culture begun by Thatcher. This is her real legacy.
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
28 Jun 2012 2:50PM
I notice that the misreporting was done at the behest of....the derivatives flunkies yet again.
Without abdicating management of their legal and ethical responsibilities, the derivatives departments really do have their sticky amoral fingers in every cess-filled pie. The sooner the authorities force the separation of the 'banking' parts from the trading parts the better.
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
28 Jun 2012 2:50PM

Quote:A culture begun by Thatcher. This is her real legacy.

Started by Thatcher. Perfected by Brown.
fraser e2
10 631 14 Scotland
28 Jun 2012 2:54PM

Quote:A culture begun by Thatcher. This is her real legacy.

Started by Thatcher. Perfected by Brown.

You forgot to add "improved by Blair".
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
28 Jun 2012 3:02PM
Poor old John Major hardly ever gets remembered...
Gaucho e2
13 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
28 Jun 2012 3:07PM
And now pontificated upon by Cameron.
fraser e2
10 631 14 Scotland
28 Jun 2012 4:25PM

Quote:Poor old John Major hardly ever gets remembered...

Who....?
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
28 Jun 2012 4:28PM
John Major, you know... the puppet ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyU8qmzGsEg

Grin
28 Jun 2012 4:30PM
This country has been systematically shafted by all parties since WW-2 and earlier. None of them have ever put the British people first.
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
28 Jun 2012 4:33PM
and Ed "Wallace" Milliband is having a "Grand Day Out" of it.

But of course none of these heinous activities took place whilst the economy was under the stewardship of Blair and Brown (oops -
Quote:The bank had acknowledged on Wednesday that its actions between 2005 and 2009 had fallen "well short of standards
of course they did! )
fraser e2
10 631 14 Scotland
28 Jun 2012 4:34PM

Quote:John Major, you know... the puppet ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyU8qmzGsEg

Grin

About the only thing he is memorable for is being forgetable (and his fling with Ms Currie)
puertouk e2
3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
28 Jun 2012 4:37PM
If any of us had done what Barclays have done, we would all be behind bars at Her Majesties pleasure...
JJGEE
9 6.4k 18 England
28 Jun 2012 4:38PM

Quote:and his fling with Ms Currie

Glad you spelt Currie correctly as there is a female member by the name of Curry here on epz Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.