Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The South East Group Brighton Challenge Meet - 15/01/2012

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    CaptivePhotons
    CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111541 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Dec 2011 - 6:27 PM

Hello,

This is the forum topic to discuss the The South East Group Brighton Challenge Meet event scheduled for 15/01/2012.

To view more details regarding this event, click here.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    20 Dec 2011 - 6:27 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Juliee
    Juliee  7382 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Dec 2011 - 8:37 PM

I'm on board Smile

dwilkin
    dwilkin  724249 forum posts United Kingdom
    21 Dec 2011 - 9:48 AM

I will try to be there...

pablo69
    pablo69  6200 forum posts England7 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Dec 2011 - 12:29 PM

I am tracking polar bears to see if they are passing by in the area on the day Grin

CaptivePhotons
    CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111541 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Dec 2011 - 8:02 PM

Quote: I am tracking polar bears to see if they are passing by in the area on the day

I can assure you that Polar Bears will not be required Tongue

CaptivePhotons
    22 Dec 2011 - 9:37 PM

Bumping this up. Anybody in the Brighton area on January 15 is welcome to join us for our 1st meet of 2012.

Last year we had a meet in every month of the year. We travelled as far afield as the isle of Wight to Chatham in Kent, a magnificent weekend meet in the New forest and many more. We came out in rain, wind and sun and great fun was had by all.

This year we are kicking off with something we haven't done:

The Brighton Challenge. This is a mixture of ideas and meets, some of which we have done in the past but never all at one meet.

The Plan

1)
    One camera, one lens. Preferably a prime lens but if you do not have a prime then a zoom at a fixed focal length of your choice, but all pictures must be taken at your elected choice throuhout the entirety of the meet.

2)
    The images posted must be straight from camera. To this end they will have to be jpeg and must not be altered in anyway; no crops, no straightening, no boosting of contrast/colour etc or any other post processing in photoshop et al. You may switch from mono to colour if your camera allows but the only other parameters that can be changed are shutter speed, aperture, iso and exposure comp.

3)
    There will be a list of thirty subjects to photograph in a specified time and this will be distributed on the day. The subjects will be open to interpretation and imagination and you will have six hours to photograph as many as you can.

No prizes, just for fun.

All are welcome to join the fun. Kick off outside Brighton Pier (That's the Palace Pier to you old 'uns) at 10:00 so suggest meeting at 09:45

To join us just click the attend button here

CaptivePhotons
    3 Jan 2012 - 5:43 PM

Bumping it up again. Anybody care to join us? We're very friendly Grin

CaptivePhotons
    10 Jan 2012 - 9:58 PM

Bumping up again, this time with the list of objects to photograph.

Brighton Challenge

Last Modified By CaptivePhotons at 10 Jan 2012 - 10:00 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.