Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The Storm

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Paul65
Paul65  6258 forum posts England
9 Mar 2008 - 9:24 PM

The BIG storm is on it's way apparently. Is anyone planning to brave it to get some shots?
Weathermen say don't go anywhere near the west coast so I guess that's gonna be the place to be for the best shots.
Me, Not a chance!!

Paul

Last Modified By Paul65 at 9 Mar 2008 - 9:24 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
9 Mar 2008 - 9:24 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pepperst
pepperst  62328 forum posts Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
9 Mar 2008 - 9:33 PM

Temptation is there, but the coast is not close enough for me Sad

samfurlong
9 Mar 2008 - 9:41 PM

Hell yeah.
Got an early morning date with the lighthouse at Porthcawl.

pepperst
pepperst  62328 forum posts Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
9 Mar 2008 - 9:43 PM

Git Wink

sidaorb
sidaorb  83857 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
9 Mar 2008 - 9:43 PM

You lucky sods, no crashing waves likely in Oxford Sad

Maybe some more flooding shots if it all goes that bad.

Paul65
Paul65  6258 forum posts England
9 Mar 2008 - 9:46 PM

Good luck Sam. Take a towel!

Seriously though, how do you keep all your gear safe and dry in what are likely to be very wet conditions.

Mark_Meredith

I feel your frustration Sidaorb
I live ten mins from Bournemouth beach and twenty mins from Sandbanks or Poole Harbour.
I will be in your neck of the woods Monday.

Tomorrow my working route will be Abingdon, Oxford, Kidlington, Middle Barton, Banbury and Croperdy.
I would love to be home and by the coast to see if it will really be as bad as the forecasters say it will ?
Would make for some great wave shots.
Ah well, hope all that can take advantage of it do and post photo's here on EPZ.
Mark.

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85742 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
9 Mar 2008 - 10:09 PM

Sorry for being a killjoy but I am more concerned about the odd person or two who will lose their life as a result of the impending weather...not to mention the structural damage..the uprooting of trees of long standing..and the wildlife who will no doubt survive but lose their recently started nesting places

One mans photograph could well be another mans demise
I can't believe that some people are welcoming the bad weather for their own gratification

Think on!!!

Last Modified By tomcat at 9 Mar 2008 - 10:11 PM
Kris_Dutson
9 Mar 2008 - 10:10 PM

I'm up in the Dorset hills about 15 mins from the coast. TBH I'm not particularly looking forward to it, as the wind tends to funnel down the North / South valley we're in.

Must have a word with the school tomorrow and makes sure the kids fossil hunting trip to Charmouth beach has been cancelled. Mind you, I'll bet there will be a few fossils revealed by the day after.

Last Modified By Kris_Dutson at 9 Mar 2008 - 10:12 PM
digipix76
digipix76  7577 forum posts England
9 Mar 2008 - 10:24 PM

Oh i'll be on the prom alright Wink

samfurlong
9 Mar 2008 - 10:31 PM

Quote: One mans photograph could well be another mans demise
I can't believe that some people are welcoming the bad weather for their own gratification

I hear you and I certainly would rather the bad weather not come if it means no one gets hurt / looses property.
However, it is inevitable so might as well make the most of it!

Quote: Seriously though, how do you keep all your gear safe and dry in what are likely to be very wet conditions

Take a towel in the car in case it gets really soaked. I don't tend to worry about my stuff getting a soaking, I try not to let it get too soaked and put it under my jacket between shots if it's really hammering down but my stuff is fairly well sealed (1D series canons and L lenses) so I really don't loose too much sleep over it. If the worse comes to worse, it's insured!

elowes
elowes  92830 forum posts United Kingdom
9 Mar 2008 - 10:36 PM

One dog, lots of waves. 3 people dead and dog swam ashore. Some years ago now but a salutary lesson. Another one of police officer sat watching the waves on the quay side, washed out to sea in his vehicle. Dangerous p[lace is the sea at best of times.

Get a life or should I say keep your life. Stay well back from the waves and make sure you do not endanger the lives of others. If you do you deserve death but they do not.

My own experience was of a man who refused to accept my advice. I told him as I was a poor swimmer 'Good bye'. He disappeared under a wave spay that hit the closed up houses some 50m from the shore. Lucky for him he appeared the other side looking very wet and sorry for himself. Sea temp about 8deg F, air temp about 5 and wind chill bloody cold.

I rather hoped he caught a cold!!

stuwhitt
stuwhitt  91354 forum posts United Kingdom
9 Mar 2008 - 10:56 PM

Sorry have to agree with the killjoys here, dont forget when an individual gets into trouble the emergency services have to put their lives on the line to rescue that person, no picture is worth the risk

uggyy
uggyy  82104 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
9 Mar 2008 - 11:51 PM

I intend to go swimming in the sea, near big rocks and only wear a pair of shorts...

Erm actually I think I will just stay indoors Wink

Just be careful out there, as many people killed with fallen trees on roads and houses......

Fishnet
Fishnet  94976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
9 Mar 2008 - 11:55 PM

Storm= quilt on the sofa, hot mug of tea, digestives and my virtual log fire DVD.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.