Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The Storm

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

looboss
looboss  73124 forum posts United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
10 Mar 2008 - 12:34 AM

Sorry Adrian I think you have gone over the top, for peoples own gratification? cum on now!
Shall we stop the self gratification of photographing cars trains, aeroplanes in case any one gets hurt in an accident?
Do we stop photographing in the rain for our own gratification in case there is a flood and some one incurs losses or in the worst case scenario loose their life in a flood?
Do we stop photographing bikini babes in case they burn in the sun and get skin cancer?

Its a storm, a big one, and its coming, why not explore the photographic opportunities it may offer? As long we keep safe and act sensibly where is the harm in that?

I'll see if its a feasible option whether I go out or not, lets just say your health and safety concerns wont influence my decision. but you keep safe you hear, then lets us know how gratifying that was Wink (no offence meant)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 Mar 2008 - 12:34 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

deci
deci  7 England
10 Mar 2008 - 1:45 AM

Well I live on the west coast, about 5 minutes walk from the beach and I won't be seeing any of it 'cept through my windows - A light breeze will knock me over, so there's no chance of me getting outside until the end of the week, if the forecasters can be believed.
Bloody legs, I'm always missing photo ops because of 'em.

Diana
Diana e2 Member 72011 forum postsDiana vcard Netherlands19 Constructive Critique Points
10 Mar 2008 - 2:02 AM

Quote: I intend to go swimming in the sea, near big rocks and only wear a pair of shorts...

name the place I'll be there Smile

uggyy
uggyy  82104 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
10 Mar 2008 - 2:43 AM

Quote: name the place I'll be there

Right next to the spot hell froze over and around from the pub where they give away free booze Wink

Ive done my fair share of swimming in the sea in frozen conditions lol and loved it.. Smile

Diana
Diana e2 Member 72011 forum postsDiana vcard Netherlands19 Constructive Critique Points
10 Mar 2008 - 2:48 AM

crazy Smile

looboss
10 Mar 2008 - 8:06 AM

Power to the people I say! specially those in Wales and west coast. Wink

Stay warm and safe.

Last Modified By looboss at 10 Mar 2008 - 8:06 AM
Kris_Dutson
10 Mar 2008 - 8:48 AM

Well so far I've only lost some fence panels, but apparently the worst is still to come.

And the school still reckon they're taking the kids to Charmouth...

Maddie
Maddie  92714 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
10 Mar 2008 - 8:57 AM

Quote: And the school still reckon they're taking the kids to Charmouth..

A bit risky, considering we are being told to stay away from the coast......

Kris_Dutson
10 Mar 2008 - 9:02 AM

Well they've just said that they'll only going to take them to the visitor centre, but I'm still not keen on a coach load of kids going along the A35 as it suffers from wicked enough cross winds as it is.

Morpyre
Morpyre e2 Member 91622 forum postsMorpyre vcard Wales8 Constructive Critique Points
10 Mar 2008 - 9:15 AM

hmm! i wonder if my global destruction flood theme images are coming true lol

if they are then the inland folk can get some good weather and wave shots like us coastal residents.

i'm only 5 mins walk from the sea but i'm staying inside with my cup of tea - i can watch the live beach webcams and see what is happening =)

strawman
strawman  1022002 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
10 Mar 2008 - 9:21 AM

Some one stole my fence last night. went to bed it was there, got up this morning gone. It was ropey as hell, why would anyone want it?

Anyway the youngest is happy, the school roof has been damaged and they have sent the kids home while the builders decide if its safe or not.

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84254 forum postsKarenFB vcard England162 Constructive Critique Points
10 Mar 2008 - 9:26 AM

Quote: i can watch the live beach webcams and see what is happening =)

Please could you give me the www. address of the web cams! Or better yet, give a link! Grin

KathyW
KathyW  101793 forum posts Norfolk Island12 Constructive Critique Points
10 Mar 2008 - 9:52 AM

There's sideways rain and it's a "bit windy" here in S Norfolk. The electricity went off for about an hour earlier, but is back now (for how long?)
Rather worried about some of my trees, specially near one of the stables, but I daren't try and let the ponies out because they'll go mental!

Stay safe you lot - I wouldn't go out unless you absolutely have to. Now toddling off to give the nags some more hay Smile

WelshKiwi
WelshKiwi  63231 forum posts Wales2 Constructive Critique Points
10 Mar 2008 - 9:59 AM

Seems to have died down here, unless we are in the eye of it all.

It was bad, but the last storm seemed to be worse.

Anyway, keep safe if its bad near where you are.

Lee Smile

Last Modified By WelshKiwi at 10 Mar 2008 - 10:00 AM
looboss
10 Mar 2008 - 10:00 AM

Help my bathroom window just flew down the garden!!!

My daugter decided to open it and the wind caught it and away it went, ripped out of its hinges, glass is unbroken ?????

My garden just got a lot bigger , my fence is now some 20 meters away!

My car alarm just wont stop HELPPPPP!

Good job I am not out and about today too much emergency DIY to do around the house

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.