Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

The underrated photo thread

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

randomrubble
10 3.0k 12 United Kingdom
5 May 2008 5:44PM
This one and a lot of the others in his portfolio are underrated in my view. The simplicity of many of the images is key.
Barry means this one Wink

brrr... they decapitated my smiley and put him in a box Sad
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
5 May 2008 10:17PM
Here's one that I think shows a keen eye - someone's obviously been looking around their every day environment rather than driving to well known places, and has got an interesting and amusing shot.

http://www.ephotozine.com/photo/851987
javam e2
10 1.1k 19 United Kingdom
6 May 2008 7:22PM
I have not done a very good job of contributing to this thread myself so time to come up with another link.

I think Ben's shots are under-clicked at least partly because he has a great, but perhaps unfortunate, knack of winding people up on here. A shame because not only do I think he is often misunderstood, but he is clearly an accomplished photographer as I think this shot demonstrates .

Neil
riprap007 e2
10 1.6k 37 England
6 May 2008 7:28PM
too true Neil
csurry
12 9.2k 92
7 May 2008 8:36AM
There are some common themes here.

B&W and feature people. So what does this tell us.

B&W generally means that the thumbnail is lost in the gallery - you could argue that it should stand out for being different.

People - I'm sure that a lot of people looking through the gallery think when they see people pics "not interested in other peoples' families" or something similar.

People pics that do well are generally bright and colourful and/or have already received recognition from Pete. Or they are by well established photographers on here and the models themselves have become well known by sight.

So if it is votes you are after forget people and especially if you want to use B&W Wink
conrad e2
10 10.9k 116
7 May 2008 8:52AM

Quote:B&W and feature people. So what does this tell us.

That just tells us that Koen likes b&w shots of people. Sometimes the simple answer is overlooked...
indeed (for both lol)
csurry
12 9.2k 92
7 May 2008 8:55AM
No what it tells us is that the easiest way to find images with low votes is to set B&W and/or Photojournalism and then set the sort order to votes ascending Smile

Well that's what I did, but then couldn't be bothered to post any Tongue
all of them come from my favs folder btw Smile
starliz e2
10 1.6k 3 England
7 May 2008 11:59AM
well I found one that I really liked from a junior member only thing is I cannot find it now.......used another computer so its not even in my history Sad

back to look for another one I suppose......
Geraint e2
8 715 34 Wales
7 May 2008 1:09PM
I'm surprised that this one didn't receive more attention. The colours and shallow dof really pull you in to those eyes!
Geraint
Geraint e2
8 715 34 Wales
7 May 2008 1:16PM
This person's portfolio is very intriguing. I like this shot because a lot is left for the viewer to interpret. Although the title provides us with an idea of what it's about, a lot is left to the imagination.
Geraint

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.