Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

*the warbdrobe is now open*

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

warb
warb  10839 forum posts
10 Aug 2004 - 8:50 PM

apologies for yet another members website thread. but i would really love your feedback, if it wasnt for ephotozine i would never have even reached the stage of even thinking about a photo website. have a look and let me know what you think.

www.warbdrobe.co.uk

thank yooooou xxx

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 Aug 2004 - 8:50 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012551 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
10 Aug 2004 - 8:53 PM

I will inspect and delve in now, may be a while though, snail dial up... I'll be back. K.

Phillbri
Phillbri e2 Member 1387 forum postsPhillbri vcard Wales
10 Aug 2004 - 8:58 PM

Very impressive. Great photography. Great site. Well done. Is this your first attempt at a web site? What software did you use to create it?

lightweaver
10 Aug 2004 - 8:58 PM

very nice site, well set out. Makes me want to start mine from scratch.

Colin

Mari
Mari  101825 forum posts Wales
10 Aug 2004 - 9:00 PM

Hi Danny, just browsed your site - its great and really different, easy to navigate - very effective with the small thumbnails on the left and big pic in the middle. Refreshingly different. I love it, well done.

Mari

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012551 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
10 Aug 2004 - 9:05 PM

On the down side (get it out the way with first - sorry) I find it slow to load, I'd also prefer that when you hover over a thumbnail image the description box you have on the right changes with the thumbnail rather than having to click on it. You have a spelling mistake in the news section and I'm not sure that the bar at the bottom works for me, I find sites that make you jump from bottom to top and left to right hard work, these are purely personal points of view though. On the plus side its graphically superb, the content amazing and if there were an award for web site design you'd get it. Brilliant work Mr Warburton. K.

warb
warb  10839 forum posts
10 Aug 2004 - 9:11 PM

thanks everyone.

k, firstly, ur on dial up so its bound to be slow ;op all photos are less than 80k, theres nothing much else i can do :o\ and the bar at the bottom, well, thats for the menu that i dont think people will be using as much as the top, so they are down there out of the way of the good stuff up the top :o) spelling mistake? doh, i'll get onto it right away, not had a chance to have a proper look through yet, thought i would get you lot to do that :oD

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318434 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
10 Aug 2004 - 9:12 PM

In a word...stunning. In several words... I really like the style - it loads super fast on broadband. Even though I can't recall navigation like this, it was still very simple to find my way around without any doubt.
Thanks also for the mention of ePHOTOzine.
Hope it brings you lots of success. I still prefer you other site in terms of graphical treatment, especially the choice of going green or orange.
Nice one!

warb
warb  10839 forum posts
10 Aug 2004 - 9:14 PM

thanks pete :o)

yeh, i wanted to keep this one clean looking and all about the photos. if i ever do get any big success i wont forget ephotozine :oD

answersonapostcard
10 Aug 2004 - 9:15 PM

Oh yes, forgot to mention, the forwarb and backwarb - inspired!

warb
warb  10839 forum posts
10 Aug 2004 - 9:23 PM

brian, i used dreamweaver and photoshop.

warb
warb  10839 forum posts
10 Aug 2004 - 9:43 PM

right i have my website, now what do i do?

agoreira
agoreira  106001 forum posts Wales
10 Aug 2004 - 9:49 PM

The wardrobe door is locked! Tried it in Opera, nothing loaded, tried it in Mozilla Firebird, could not find any photos! Reluctantly, I tried IE (I hate it!)and there's a bar with the photo links that does not appear in Mozilla. Liked the navigation.

Frank W

warb
warb  10839 forum posts
10 Aug 2004 - 9:54 PM

hmmm strange, will have to look into that, thanks frank, lol at warbdrobe door is locked :o)

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318434 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
10 Aug 2004 - 10:00 PM

Frank raises an interesting point. I tried Firebird and the top navigation bar is indeed missing. Here are some stats of viewers of our site and the browsers they use.

MS Internet Explorer 86.3%
Mozilla 6.1%
Safari 2.8%
Netscape 2.6%
Opera 1%
Unknown 0.7%

So with nearly 10% using Mozilla it would be worth making it work in that too.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.