Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

The World's Most Expensive Camera !!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    kombizz
    kombizz  9591 forum posts United States1 Constructive Critique Points
    31 May 2011 - 6:35 AM

The seventh chamber of the so-called 0-series Leica No. 107, has just been auctioned in West Licht Photographica Auction house for nothing less than 1,320,000 Euros or $1.9 million and change has become not only more expensive the camera manufacturer's Germany, but the world.
    It was made in 1923, is the only Leica camera with the word Germany engraved on the top and was the first model to be exported.
    Please watch it's auction here.
    This is a good lesson for all of us not to dump our old film cameras as I still kept my very first camera, Lubitel.
    I wonder if any of you have saved your old film cameras?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    31 May 2011 - 6:35 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

66tricky
    66tricky  7742 forum posts Scotland
    31 May 2011 - 10:35 AM

I have:

2 x Nikon F
    Nikon F2
    Olympus OM1, OM2n and OM4 (the poorest of the three)
    Olympus XA
    Rolleiflex T
    Seagull TLR
    De Vere 1/2 plate with 5x4 back
    Burke and James folding tailboard 5x4
    Zeiss Ikon Donata 1/4 plate with Rollex 6x9 back
    Cosina CS1
    GB Kershaw 6x6 folding with secret shutter release
    Praktica L (IIRC)
    Assorted Polaroid
    and assorted others knocking about...

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315626 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    31 May 2011 - 2:53 PM

A bit of advice, if you have an old rare camera, don`t put film through it.

I did this last year with one of mine, the film jammed and I snapped of the film advance lever on my old Mamiya 35-III I`m now locking at an expensive repair bill Sad

keithh
    keithh e2 Member 1023183 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
    31 May 2011 - 3:07 PM

Good advice, Paul.

I put some film in my Nikon old D1 last year. Couldn't get it to wind on and it jammed up the shutter.

kombizz
    kombizz  9591 forum posts United States1 Constructive Critique Points
    31 May 2011 - 3:14 PM

@ Paul
    Thank you for the piece of advice.

pentaxpete
    31 May 2011 - 5:10 PM

Saved all my FILLUM Cameras -- so many now cannot put them all on here -- luckily a lot were GIVEN !! I was out at London Zoo yesterday with a FREE GIFT Canon A1 loaded with some FREE GIFT Fillum !

filmforever
    31 May 2011 - 5:34 PM

Some old film cameras are now virtually being regarded as antiques. But they only fetch top dollar if you don't use them!.....thereby keeping them in mint condition.
    Having said that, even if you use them they still represent far and away better value than any of the digital stuff, which often depreciates faster than a new car, thanks to the manufacturers launching "new models" every 6 months or so.
    My Nikon F, even though not in mint condition is still worth three times what I paid for it (s/h near mint) in 1979 (95.) FM2's seem to be appreciating in value, near mint examples going for more than what they cost new a few years back. Even the Contax SLR's which were discontinued some years back are holding or even increasing in value.

edtaylor
    edtaylor  3104 forum posts United Kingdom
    31 May 2011 - 6:56 PM

With a bit of luck then my old Mamiya 220 wil be worth a bit one day.

filmforever
    31 May 2011 - 7:14 PM

I'd hang onto it. My C330 and its Mamiya lenses give superb quality, and at a fraction of the price you'd pay for a top of the range digi. No battery worries either!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.