Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Theme: LINES end 13th April 8pm

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Sandgrouse
Sandgrouse e2 Member 7407 forum postsSandgrouse vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
6 Apr 2011 - 10:22 PM

This week’s Theme: Lines

Upload your images by 8pm on Wednesday 13th April 2011

Rules
1) The challenge is just for fun.
2) All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3) All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday
4) All uploads must be B&W
5) Only one uploads per member
6) Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
7) The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final
8) The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
9) Have fun

If you are interested in black and white photography please join the black and white group

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Apr 2011 - 10:22 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sandgrouse
Sandgrouse e2 Member 7407 forum postsSandgrouse vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
8 Apr 2011 - 2:59 PM

One entry so far, with lots of line out there why not give it a go. Interprete the theme as you see fit from laughter lines to power lines.

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96030 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
8 Apr 2011 - 3:15 PM

I hope to come up with something this weekend - when I'm not sitting in the garden with a book Smile

Andy_Cundell
8 Apr 2011 - 3:35 PM

I've got my idea firmly planted! I don't think anyone would even think of what I have in mind!

(I just know this is the kiss of death!)

I will have to do it on Sunday, I'm off to Castle Combe race track tomorrow (near Chippenham) to take photo's of cars, hmmm you can't beat the smell of car wax, petrol and burning rubber! (You can actually!)

Andy_Cundell
10 Apr 2011 - 7:39 PM

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have taken a 'photo' that may not be seen as 'within the rules'. Would someone volunteer themselves to me so I can 'pre upload' the image to them in a pm and see what they think? I will include a full explanation!

Thanks

Andy

Sandgrouse
10 Apr 2011 - 7:43 PM

feel free to send it to me

Andy_Cundell
10 Apr 2011 - 7:52 PM

Sent! Although, for the other participants, I couldn't send a photo in a pm, so I have just explained what the photo contains!

Andy_Cundell
11 Apr 2011 - 2:46 PM

Sandgrouse, Thankyou for looking at the picture and advising me on it's suitability. After all that, I decided to go for the other picture!

Here is the picture I was worried about (for the other members!):

-dsc0013.jpg

It's a version of the one I have entered, but, it's not in black and white, it's taken in full colour!

Sorry Sandgrouse to waste your time! You may NOT handout any lines as punishment for time wasting because I have a note from my Mum saying I'm not allowed to do any!

Ohh and only a few days left to get 'em in!

Andy

Last Modified By Andy_Cundell at 11 Apr 2011 - 2:46 PM
Andy_Cundell
13 Apr 2011 - 8:44 AM

12 hours to go!

get 'em in!

JacquiJay
JacquiJay  7 United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
13 Apr 2011 - 4:15 PM

I'm in, late as usual ... but pleased with myself because I made it!

Sandgrouse
13 Apr 2011 - 5:45 PM

A couple of hours to go so still time to enter. I'm out and about tonight so may not get time to judge until 9 or 10ish.

Sandgrouse
13 Apr 2011 - 9:48 PM

I found it incredibility hard to judge this week challenge, normally one images jumps out as my winner but this week I was really torn between several images.

I have choosen End of the line by Housemartin as my winner this week. I really liked the texture and composition, the curving line of the railway, the fence, and the overhead wires.

Over to you Housemartin for next week challenge.

HouseMartin
13 Apr 2011 - 10:30 PM

Thanks for that Rick, unexpected but appreciated. As you say, a lot of really good ones this week. Give me a short while and I'll start a new thread with the coming week's challenge. Gotta think of summat now!
Paul

Snapper
Snapper  93731 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
13 Apr 2011 - 10:59 PM

A worthy winner Paul. Well done.

chavender
chavender e2 Member 3210 forum postschavender vcard France1 Constructive Critique Points
14 Apr 2011 - 6:59 AM

Good choice Rick and well done Paul.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.