Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Theme: Domestic Appliance(s) (Ends 23rd February 2011)

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Sandgrouse
Sandgrouse e2 Member 7407 forum postsSandgrouse vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
16 Feb 2011 - 11:54 PM

The weekly black and white challenge has moved to its own group from the black and white group. This will make it easier for everyone to view the images uploaded each week and make it much easier for the judge.

This week’s Theme: Domestic Appliance(s)

Upload your images by 8pm on Wednesday 23rd February 2011

Rules
1) The challenge is just for fun.
2) All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3) All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday
4) All uploads must be B&W
5) Only one uploads per member
6) Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
7) The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final
8) The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
9) Have fun

If you are interested in black and white photography please join the black and white group

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Feb 2011 - 11:54 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Andy_Cundell
17 Feb 2011 - 8:10 AM

I will need to ask my wife what one of these 'domestic appliance' things are!

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96056 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
17 Feb 2011 - 10:11 AM

Puts me in mind of this abbreviated joke

"Dad, why are wedding dresses white?"
The father looks at his son in surprise and says, "Son, all household appliances come in white."

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104023 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
17 Feb 2011 - 11:24 AM

perhaps I should have gone for `White goods'? Wink

anyway...what a great excuse for getting the `hoover' out??? WinkTongue

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96056 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
17 Feb 2011 - 11:39 AM

Get the hoover out? what a dreadful idea - I've far better things to do.

Maybe I'll just borrow a wedding dress and do a SP

kaybee
kaybee  103823 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
17 Feb 2011 - 6:10 PM

With the hoover Alison? - it is the sort of thing I would expect from you - but there would be another twist of course

cattyal
17 Feb 2011 - 6:26 PM

along the right lines Roy - tricky bit is finding a white wedding dress - my old one was purple and not very traditional Smile

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104023 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
17 Feb 2011 - 7:05 PM

as I can't enter myself this week, thought I would give you some starters to get the juices flowing?

dsc-5728-1.jpg

dsc-5729-1.jpg

dsc-5730-1.jpg

Let's see if we can up the numbers this week Smile

Phil_L
Phil_L  5 Wales1 Constructive Critique Points
17 Feb 2011 - 8:19 PM

Well done with Kaleidoscope Jeff. Domestic Apps.... is that something you get with one of those eye phone thingys? I'll have to google it Wink

cats_123
17 Feb 2011 - 8:55 PM

Quote: Well done with Kaleidoscope Jeff. Domestic Apps.... is that something you get with one of those eye phone thingys? I'll have to google it Wink

Yeah..think you press the App and the butler arrives! Grin

cats_123
19 Feb 2011 - 8:22 AM

bump

cats_123
22 Feb 2011 - 4:43 PM

Hope I'm going to have more than two shoots to choose from Sad and you don't even have to go outside Wink

Sandgrouse
Sandgrouse e2 Member 7407 forum postsSandgrouse vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
22 Feb 2011 - 9:04 PM

I went to my local recycling centre on Monday as you normally get a load of broken white goods, the shot I had in mind was a wide angle shot with a nice moody sky, but they been taken awaySad I've got a few ideas and hope to take a snap or two later tonight.

Quote: Hope I'm going to have more than two shoots to choose from Sad

The group seems to have struggled a little since it went to its own group, I think we need to think of few ways of encourage people to enter. for example would people like a pm with that weeks theme each week? or....

Sandgrouse
22 Feb 2011 - 9:59 PM

You have at least 3 entries Smile. Just taken a shot I would never have taken if it was not for this weeks theme, that one of the reasons I like the weekly challenges.

Phil_L
Phil_L  5 Wales1 Constructive Critique Points
22 Feb 2011 - 10:14 PM

Up to 4 now. Managed to do something tonight. I agree Rick about the would never have taken it but for the challenge comment. As for encouraging entries.... maybe a pm would help. I uploaded my shot from last week to my pf in the main gallery and said that it wasn't my usual kind of stuff but something I'd done for the B&WChalleng group. Lets hope we get more entries before tomorrows deadline..... or is everyone too busy hoovering? Sad

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.