Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Theme: SHADOWS ends Wed 20th April 8 p.m.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    HouseMartin
    13 Apr 2011 - 11:15 PM

This week’s theme folks: Shadows

Upload your images by 8pm on Wednesday 20th April 2011

Rules
    1) The challenge is just for fun.
    2) All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
    3) All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday
    4) All uploads must be B&W
    5) Only one upload per member
    6) Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
    7) The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final
    8) The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
    9) Have fun

Cya in a week, look forward to seeing the uploads

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    13 Apr 2011 - 11:15 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

HouseMartin
    17 Apr 2011 - 4:07 PM

Yay! First one's in. Well done Bill.

I must admit, I set the theme Wednesday and it then went very dull (as in shadowless) for the next few days here. Hope you are all getting some sunshine now. If not, there is always artificial light to cast them shadows.

Andy_Cundell
    17 Apr 2011 - 6:09 PM

I'm keeping mine close to my chest!

(That means I haven't done one yet!)

HouseMartin
    19 Apr 2011 - 5:17 PM

Bump!

One a day to go to get those interpretations of shadows masterpieces uploaded.

52 group members and 6 uploads so far. The rest of you must be hanging out to the end to put up. Grin

HouseMartin
    20 Apr 2011 - 8:02 PM

Well that's another week over and some fine ones entered.

Keith, they both fit the theme admirably, both good, but both taken too early sorry. Pics should be taken after the theme is announced.

I do like the abstract Bill, almost camoflage - tinned camoflage.

Nice bit of processing Rick with the flipping and flipping ... flipping good.

Malcolm. I can't argue with your logic on the Dried Grasses, a very graphic image.

Jeff, For some reason I liked the thumbnail more than the full image on this. It has a very balanced feel but the shapes get lost in texture in the full size image for me.

Thought the idea of the little shadow was clever as well Andy, well caught.

Blimey, that was last minute Alison, very impressive and almost swayed me. Nice interpretation for final hour inspiration.

Right no messing - this week's winner is Gaucho's Dried Grasses. It ticks all the boxes. It's black, it's white, and it's a shadow. And with that it is also a very striking image. Well done.

Over to you Malcolm for next week's challenge, which I shall unfortunately miss as I'm away.

Well done all who entered!

cattyal
    cattyal e2 Member 96108 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Apr 2011 - 8:08 PM

Congrats Gaucho - I'm afraid I won't be around for the next challenge - sadly I'm going away Smile

Thanks for hosting this week's challenge Paul - I'm used to last minute efforts - and happily mine involved no more than moving stuff out of the way and whipping my t-shirt off Smile

Gaucho
    Gaucho e2 Member 122334 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Apr 2011 - 8:28 PM

Oh bums now I have to think of something Sad

Thanks, though I really think Alison's was far more artistic.

Okay, give me a minute.....

cattyal
    cattyal e2 Member 96108 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Apr 2011 - 8:31 PM

You mean you're not prepared just in case? Admittedly I'd have had no ideas either as I was counting on not winning today Smile

Alas I'll be in Edinburgh, then Barcelona, then Edinburgh over the next week but that does mean you can make it a really difficult challenge for everyone else Smile

Gaucho
    Gaucho e2 Member 122334 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Apr 2011 - 8:44 PM

Barcelona, just down the road from us. Weather's a bit iffy at the start of the week but hopefully it'll improve for you.

Malcolm

cattyal
    20 Apr 2011 - 8:59 PM

Oh I hope it's ok - I plan to take very little with me Smile Apart from the camera of course!

chavender
    chavender e2 Member 4216 forum postschavender vcard France1 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Apr 2011 - 10:03 PM

Well done Malcolm and thanks to Paul for hosting.
    Music is a tough one.

cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 104034 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Apr 2011 - 8:07 PM

yes..thanks Paul...agree with your comments...was in a bit of a rush...must do better!! Wink

and Malcolm's shot was a worthy winner Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.