Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Theme for week commencing October 31 - ending November 7

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
AnneWorner
AnneWorner e2 Member 6602 forum postsAnneWorner vcard United States41 Constructive Critique Points
31 Oct 2012 - 8:44 PM

The theme for this week is spiral - to be interpreted in any way you please.

The "rules":

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday November 7th. (Since I am on the other side of the ocean, I shall try to remember to get the judging done before you all go to bed
4. All uploads must be B&W
5. Only one upload per member
6. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
7. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final
8. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week
9. Have fun

NEW MEMBERS please note RULE 2

Now let me go hunt up something for the theme Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
31 Oct 2012 - 8:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown
31 Oct 2012 - 9:01 PM

Hmmm.

Could be interesting.

B.

scrimmy
scrimmy e2 Member 5364 forum postsscrimmy vcard Scotland5 Constructive Critique Points
31 Oct 2012 - 9:10 PM

hmmmmmmmmm Smile

JawDborn
JawDborn e2 Member 2717 forum postsJawDborn vcard England
31 Oct 2012 - 10:32 PM

My head is spinningSmile

rambler
rambler e2 Member 5465 forum postsrambler vcard England14 Constructive Critique Points
31 Oct 2012 - 10:41 PM

I think I'm on the Turn, and I can't wait for the next Round! Wink

AnneWorner
AnneWorner e2 Member 6602 forum postsAnneWorner vcard United States41 Constructive Critique Points
1 Nov 2012 - 2:05 AM

Just don't let it spiral out of control Wink

User_Removed
1 Nov 2012 - 3:39 PM

Upload here in the thread or in the group photo gallery?

AnneWorner
1 Nov 2012 - 3:44 PM

Quote: Upload here in the thread or in the group photo gallery?

Upload to the group photo gallery; click on Photos at the top of this page and then upload photo Smile Hope that's clear.

Please note Rule 2.

Last Modified By AnneWorner at 1 Nov 2012 - 3:47 PM
Jestertheclown
2 Nov 2012 - 10:29 PM

Not a lot happening so far.

Time for a bump perhaps!

AnneWorner
2 Nov 2012 - 10:34 PM

Quote: Not a lot happening so far.

Time for a bump perhaps!

What would you suggest Smile I've just joined this group, but notice that there are 198 members - so, where is everybody?

Oh, and Brendan: you've been bumped, so get uploading Tongue

Last Modified By AnneWorner at 2 Nov 2012 - 10:39 PM
Jestertheclown
2 Nov 2012 - 11:00 PM

Quote:
What would you suggest Smile I've just joined this group, but notice that there are 198 members - so, where is everybody?

A very good question.

All the groups, with one notable exception, seem to go the same way. There's a surge of interest to begin with, then people forget or lose interest and just stop taking part.
Of that 198 members, I doubt that 10% are even occasionally active within the group.
Which is a shame because you or I can only keep reminding people about it for so long. Inevitably, there will come a point where there are so few people taking part that it will no longer be a viable challenge.
Someone suggested that we might upload our shots to a forum thread instead of using the group page. The MNC group tried that the other week because their group was struggling and it certainly brought it to people's attention. Perhaps we could try that next time.

What does everyone else think?

Opinions please.

Anyone out there?

Bren.

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 95989 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
2 Nov 2012 - 11:04 PM

I'm out here - just about to go to bed though Smile

I'm happy to try the forum upload instead - certainly worth a go. Of course I have yet to find something to photograph and upload - though I have just thought of something Smile

Jestertheclown
2 Nov 2012 - 11:06 PM

Thanks Ali,

I'll push this again over the weekend and see if I can get a few others' responses.

G'night.

Bren.

petebfrance
2 Nov 2012 - 11:26 PM

I'm still alive but haven't got anything done yet - but we've got until the 7th...

One comment I would make, though, is that perhaps having something like 'Weekly B&W Challenge - Week ending Nov 7th' or something as the thread heading may attract more attention - from the Weekly B&W Challenge members hopefully.

I usually use 'recent activity' to look at the forums. I rarely remember to go to my 'personal info' (or whatever it is) and look at groups, and in fact, it was some time before I even realised that sort of thing was even there (probably just age....). Seeing the (recently bumped) thread with Weekly B&W Challenge would perhaps wake people up a bit.

Pete

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314911 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
3 Nov 2012 - 12:10 AM

Quote: The theme for this week is spiral - to be interpreted in any way you please

That`s handy Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.