Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Theme for week commencing October 31 - ending November 7

petebfrance 2 1.3k France
7 Nov 2012 10:41PM
Congratulations Paul. Really dramatic image. I hope you're recovering OK.
Thanks Anne for such an excellent and challenging choice of subject. I really enjoyed looking at the picturesSmile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
7 Nov 2012 10:46PM
Thanks yes I`m feeling pretty good, still can`t do a lot but I`m getting there Smile
scrimmy e2
6 369 5 Scotland
8 Nov 2012 12:56AM
congratulations on your win Paul ...wishing you a speedy recovery
Gary66 2 158 England
8 Nov 2012 6:43AM
well done Paul
JawDborn e2
2 764 England
8 Nov 2012 9:57AM
Get well soon, Paul. I admire the skill with which you took the photo, well done!

Cheers,

Jack
wynn469 5 72 Wales
8 Nov 2012 1:14PM
Congratulation Paul great imagination looking forward to the theme this week.
Jestertheclown 6 6.4k 241 England
8 Nov 2012 1:39PM
Hi Folks, I'm back.

Well done Paul. What's in store for us next week then . . . ?

As we're about to begin a new challenge; are we going to allow comments/critique on the uploaded images prior to judging?

Did we ever reach a verdict?

I don't much like the idea of taking a vote on it but if opinion's not unanimous, one way or another, I think we should go with the majority.

Opinions?
AnneWorner e2
7 614 42 United States
8 Nov 2012 1:52PM

Quote:Hi Folks, I'm back.

Well done Paul. What's in store for us next week then . . . ?

As we're about to begin a new challenge; are we going to allow comments/critique on the uploaded images prior to judging?

Did we ever reach a verdict?

I don't much like the idea of taking a vote on it but if opinion's not unanimous, one way or another, I think we should go with the majority.

Opinions?

Concensus seems to have been reached to allow comments and critique - in fact that worked out pretty well on the spiral theme.

Missed you!

Any news on the possibility of enabling modifications?

I'm not much on the idea to allow voting. I don't think that's something done in most of these groups. Enough that we have voting in the main gallery.

Make it a great day,

Anne
8 Nov 2012 2:09PM

Quote:Any news on the possibility of enabling modifications?

I haven't enquired yet Anne. I'll do it now.

Looks as if commenting/critiquing (is that a word?) is OK from now on then.

But!

As I pointed out earlier, if we're going to critique each other's images (and hopefully, each other's critique), let's keep it clean. Taking the p**s in an appropriate manner should be acceptable to everyone (I hope) but let's not overstep the mark.
There's far too much bad feeling caused in the real CG because of the way some supposed critique is delivered; we don't need that to happen here.

Good luck for the coming week everyone!

B.
AnneWorner e2
7 614 42 United States
8 Nov 2012 2:15PM
I feel that when critiquing, one should also point out the positive points. Hopefully I've done that in my comments this week.

I also think it is good to take in critique for what it is - an attempt to point out a different approach, and to be helpful.

Antagonism has no purpose.
JawDborn e2
2 764 England
8 Nov 2012 2:21PM
Hi Bren,

Why not give the commenting/ critiquing(!) a trial for a predetermined time, and then ask participating members how they feel about continuing?

Jack
JawDborn e2
2 764 England
8 Nov 2012 2:25PM
P.S. how about letting individual members choose whether they wish to allow modifications to be made to their photos. There may otherwise be copyright issues.

Jack
8 Nov 2012 2:30PM
Yes and yes.

Anne, you're absolutely right. That's why I keep harping on about etiquette. We all need to behave.

Jack, not a bad idea.
Give it a month perhaps? That's four challenges. If it dies from apathy, at least we've tried and if it turns into a big row and blows up in our faces, firstly I shall say something and if that doesn't suffice, I'll report it. In fact, all and any of you can and should report it
That won't necessarily mean it has to end. It will mean though, that we'll need to be more careful in future. Particularly the person who's offended!

How does that sound?

B.
8 Nov 2012 2:34PM
I don't know if that would be an option Jack and anyway, we don't know yet whether we'll be able to apply mods.
Even if we do, I'm not sure that copyright issues are likely to be a problem. If anyone has an issue with their image being downloaded and modded, they're probably better off, not uploading it in the first place.
The whole copyright thing's been discussed on the site a thousand times already. I think that we all know where we stand on that issue.

B.
AnneWorner e2
7 614 42 United States
8 Nov 2012 2:50PM

Quote:P.S. how about letting individual members choose whether they wish to allow modifications to be made to their photos. There may otherwise be copyright issues.

Jack

In a couple of other groups I'm in, you can access the modifications choice under the options button. You only enable it if you want to allow modifications. It would most likely work the same way in this group.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.