Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

They have to suffer for another year

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 85835 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Dec 2012 - 7:41 PM

Stop any aid now until they conform

Bloody westerners who actually pay for this privilege Ask them to go and shoot their hunting dogs and see what the response would be.

I can understand, the third world ideology that animal parts can be medicinal - lack of education, but I actually thought that big game hunting, was no longer practised legally in Africa
    How naive I am and so sorry that I am a member of the most intelligent species on this planet- or are we?

A quote from the article
    Quote:
    Earlier this year, Spain's King Juan Carlos faced international criticism for going on a hunting trip in Botswana.

Does that surprise anyone, after he comes from a country that legally kills animals for sport

Last Modified By tomcat at 2 Dec 2012 - 7:50 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Dec 2012 - 7:41 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 85835 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Dec 2012 - 7:53 PM

To add to the above, I actually feel guilty, because I accidentally killed a hibernating queen hornet, a couple of weeks agoSad

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314811 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Dec 2012 - 8:00 PM

I recently did the same with a wood mouse the cat gave me.

Tried to corner it with a lump of wood and guide it into a plastic tub.

I accidentally crowned it, and thinking it was dead I put it in the bin.

Got a shock later on, went to put something else in the bin only to find a pair of eyes staring up at me Smile

tomcat
    2 Dec 2012 - 8:03 PM

Love it Paul, though you might have mentioned this elsewhereTongue

I trust said mouse went on his way, albeit with a pack of NurofenWink

Snapster
    Snapster e2 Member 2113 forum postsSnapster vcard England
    2 Dec 2012 - 8:07 PM

It's not just abroad, you can pay to shoot deer up in Scotland.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314811 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Dec 2012 - 8:08 PM

Yeh that cats bring loads of them in.

Birds are usually killed strait off, mice they just play with and they usually let them go, and I`m then left with the job of catching them all.

Yes I always let them go.

Quote: Love it Paul, though you might have mentioned this elsewhere

I`ve had a few like that, not sure if there just stunned or very clever at playing dead.

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 2 Dec 2012 - 8:14 PM
    tomcat
    2 Dec 2012 - 9:30 PM

Quote: It's not just abroad, you can pay to shoot deer up in Scotland.

They are not endangered are they? - the shooting in Scotland and elsewhere is keeping the numbers down to a reasonable level - annual cull

Last Modified By tomcat at 2 Dec 2012 - 9:31 PM
    puertouk
    puertouk  21052 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Dec 2012 - 9:10 AM

Thereīs nothing stopping them from tracking and hunting these wild animals, but not actually killing them. They say the excitment is in the hunt, not actually killing them. This keeps the jobs for the local people as well. Instead of shooting them with a gun, shoot them with a camera!

I live out in Tenerife and yes, the Spanish are really cruel to animals. I see the locals fishing with rod and line and keeping anything they catch, even fish a couple of inches in size!!! Then you get fishermen who have a guy snorkelling and telling the fisherman where the fish are. Itīs amazing watching some of them.
    Stephen

chris.maddock
    3 Dec 2012 - 5:06 PM

Quote: Then you get fishermen who have a guy snorkelling and telling the fisherman where the fish are. Itīs amazing watching some of them.

Wonder how many times they hook the snorkeller? Wink

Around the French village where my parents used to live the wild boar became a nuisance every now and then so they'd organise a hunt to cull a few to reduce the numbers. They'd all head off into the woods with their dogs and guns, make a lot of noise and occasionally bag a wild boar - more often then not they'd bag one of the dogs or, occasionally, wing another huntsman. Disorganised wasn't an adequate description for them.

brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 1110152 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Dec 2012 - 5:16 PM

Quote: Thereīs nothing stopping them from tracking and hunting these wild animals, but not actually killing them

Quote: the shooting in Scotland and elsewhere is keeping the numbers down to a reasonable level - annual cull

and perhaps more importantly, maintaining the health of the herd.

(For me its also important that the carcass doesn't go to waste, venison being part of a very healthy, low cholesterol diet)

I abhor cruelty to animals but have always believed that if we are willing to eat meat then we should be willing to accept that it comes from the killing of an animal, not pre-packed from Tescos (I have the greatest respect for vegetarians and vegans but consider humankind to be omnivorous as a result of evolution and have no desire to go the non-meat route myself)

Paul Morgan
    3 Dec 2012 - 11:21 PM

I can remember watching a video on mine clearing in Africa, they simply herded animals together then chased them so they rampaged destroying the mines and themselves, not nice.

Good to see they have new ways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UcA8V_EEx0

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.