Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

things people say

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Strobe
Strobe  71254 forum posts United States
30 Sep 2009 - 11:58 PM

I am currently in the USA and had an interesting conversation with a guy at a bar last night, we were talking about traveling and he made the following comments:
“China is a great country but you must watch what you eat, I hate the way they cook their sushi”

“I loved visiting London, they are so polite and friendly, after that I wanted to go to the UK but they would not let me in at the boarder”

I also once told someone here that I am South African and work in London, the response was “Man, how long does it take you to commute to work”

There are a lot more but these I thought were quite funny, what do you do when someone comes out with strange comments?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
30 Sep 2009 - 11:58 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

fauxtography
1 Oct 2009 - 12:41 AM

Well I have you beat on those...while I was in the US and in a discussion about me coming from England, I was asked if we: "spoke English over there"...

Last Modified By fauxtography at 1 Oct 2009 - 12:43 AM
Ganto
Ganto  8769 forum posts Ireland2 Constructive Critique Points
1 Oct 2009 - 12:48 AM

Well, do you?

fauxtography
1 Oct 2009 - 12:48 AM

barely.

Ganto
1 Oct 2009 - 12:50 AM

I've heard that you're all quite good at it, actually!

fauxtography
1 Oct 2009 - 12:52 AM

heh heh Smile

Ganto
1 Oct 2009 - 12:53 AM

Can you speak Americanian as well?

fauxtography
1 Oct 2009 - 12:54 AM

Only after a pint or two.

Ganto
1 Oct 2009 - 12:57 AM

Right!
F***ing A.

Strobe
Strobe  71254 forum posts United States
1 Oct 2009 - 12:59 AM

So, I ordered a steak tonight, the smallest one was 24oz. I told the waitress OMG that's more than 600 grams! She looked at me like a deer in your head lights and said "WOW that's big sir"

I need to ditch this place

Last Modified By Strobe at 1 Oct 2009 - 1:03 AM
Krakman
Krakman  73615 forum posts Scotland
1 Oct 2009 - 1:33 AM

Quote: while I was in the US and in a discussion about me coming from England, I was asked if we: "spoke English over there"...

I'm equally guilty. A while ago when I met a Singaporean friend I complimented her on her English, that she really spoke it at a native level. She told me 'Actually it's the only language I can speak'.

Apparently English is the main language in Singapore. I didn't know.

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014800 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
1 Oct 2009 - 2:47 AM

Years ago in Gander, a BOAC flight stopped for fuel. My father was a refueler, and was standing at the bottom of the steps as the passengers deplaned. This grand lady came down the stairs, and in her Best British said, whilst looking all around; "Where are all the Indians?" My father looked up the stairs and replied; "I don't think they've deplaned yet M'am."

bill777
bill777 e2 Member 11163 forum postsbill777 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
1 Oct 2009 - 10:38 AM

Like Marks comment, my wife was checking into a Hyatt Regency a few years back, somewhere on the west coast I think, and she too was told she spoke really good English for someone from England. When she asked the receptionist what language she thought she'd speak she said French!!

This says it all..... Jaywalking

shaks
shaks  12561 forum posts Tokelau1 Constructive Critique Points
1 Oct 2009 - 10:45 AM

In a shop on Regent's St, London, I was complimented on my English. When I thanked the shop steward and told him I was born and brought up in London, he wasn't quite sure what to say.

User_Removed
1 Oct 2009 - 11:13 AM

Quote: Quote:

Apparently English is the main language in Singapore. I didn't know.

I've been to Singapore and i didnt now that, only for 7 hours though on route to New Zealand.

Once had a 3 legged dog called Sandy, she lost it when she was a puppy, her front leg. While in the town park i was throwing the ball for her, giving her a good run around.

Kid came over and asked questions about her, one question was Do you have to help her stand up and lay down? and another was Do you think it will grow back? Had to suppress a laugh with that one.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.