Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

things people say

Strobe 7 1.3k United States
30 Sep 2009 11:58PM
I am currently in the USA and had an interesting conversation with a guy at a bar last night, we were talking about traveling and he made the following comments:
“China is a great country but you must watch what you eat, I hate the way they cook their sushi”

“I loved visiting London, they are so polite and friendly, after that I wanted to go to the UK but they would not let me in at the boarder”

I also once told someone here that I am South African and work in London, the response was “Man, how long does it take you to commute to work”

There are a lot more but these I thought were quite funny, what do you do when someone comes out with strange comments?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

fauxtography 9 6.6k 36
1 Oct 2009 12:41AM
Well I have you beat on those...while I was in the US and in a discussion about me coming from England, I was asked if we: "spoke English over there"...
Ganto 8 769 2 Ireland
1 Oct 2009 12:48AM
Well, do you?
fauxtography 9 6.6k 36
1 Oct 2009 12:48AM
barely.
Ganto 8 769 2 Ireland
1 Oct 2009 12:50AM
I've heard that you're all quite good at it, actually!
fauxtography 9 6.6k 36
1 Oct 2009 12:52AM
heh heh Smile
Ganto 8 769 2 Ireland
1 Oct 2009 12:53AM
Can you speak Americanian as well?
fauxtography 9 6.6k 36
1 Oct 2009 12:54AM
Only after a pint or two.
Ganto 8 769 2 Ireland
1 Oct 2009 12:57AM
Right!
F***ing A.
Strobe 7 1.3k United States
1 Oct 2009 12:59AM
So, I ordered a steak tonight, the smallest one was 24oz. I told the waitress OMG that's more than 600 grams! She looked at me like a deer in your head lights and said "WOW that's big sir"

I need to ditch this place
Krakman 8 3.6k Scotland
1 Oct 2009 1:33AM

Quote:while I was in the US and in a discussion about me coming from England, I was asked if we: "spoke English over there"...

I'm equally guilty. A while ago when I met a Singaporean friend I complimented her on her English, that she really spoke it at a native level. She told me 'Actually it's the only language I can speak'.

Apparently English is the main language in Singapore. I didn't know.
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
1 Oct 2009 2:47AM
Years ago in Gander, a BOAC flight stopped for fuel. My father was a refueler, and was standing at the bottom of the steps as the passengers deplaned. This grand lady came down the stairs, and in her Best British said, whilst looking all around; "Where are all the Indians?" My father looked up the stairs and replied; "I don't think they've deplaned yet M'am."
bill777 e2
11 164 1 United Kingdom
1 Oct 2009 10:38AM
Like Marks comment, my wife was checking into a Hyatt Regency a few years back, somewhere on the west coast I think, and she too was told she spoke really good English for someone from England. When she asked the receptionist what language she thought she'd speak she said French!!

This says it all..... Jaywalking
shaks 12 561 1 Tokelau
1 Oct 2009 10:45AM
In a shop on Regent's St, London, I was complimented on my English. When I thanked the shop steward and told him I was born and brought up in London, he wasn't quite sure what to say.
User_Removed 5 718 9 England
1 Oct 2009 11:13AM

Quote:Quote:

Apparently English is the main language in Singapore. I didn't know.

I've been to Singapore and i didnt now that, only for 7 hours though on route to New Zealand.

Once had a 3 legged dog called Sandy, she lost it when she was a puppy, her front leg. While in the town park i was throwing the ball for her, giving her a good run around.

Kid came over and asked questions about her, one question was Do you have to help her stand up and lay down? and another was Do you think it will grow back? Had to suppress a laugh with that one.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.