Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Things that annoy you photographically!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

themak
themak  169 forum posts Scotland
29 Aug 2014 - 9:35 PM

Quote: I'm with those who dislike big bales and milky waterfalls

Ironically, you might have an original shot if you could get them both in. Maybe with a lonesome thorn tree.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
29 Aug 2014 - 9:35 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
29 Aug 2014 - 9:38 PM

"Camera snobbery"

.......Nuff said! Wink

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 41207 forum posts United Kingdom198 Constructive Critique Points
29 Aug 2014 - 10:01 PM

Quote: "Camera snobbery"

.......Nuff said!

IMHO, the most vociferous about camera snobbery are those that can't afford whatever it is they're complaining about!
Buying a Leica won't make you a better photographer, but it might make you feel better about the process, and you have no redress about the quality of the camera. Poor pictures are your own fault!

One of my biggest beefs at the moment, is people thinking crap pictures are somehow elevated to art by conversion to black and white.

Nick

Chris_L
Chris_L e2 Member 941 forum postsChris_L vcard United Kingdom
29 Aug 2014 - 10:26 PM

Bad composition. Nose bang in the centre of the frame, 5 foot of empty wall above the person's head, their bottom half cut off.

Also vertical video; looks okay on your phone but on the monitor and smart tv it's horrendous.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315396 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
29 Aug 2014 - 10:50 PM

Really naff titles, the ones that leave you scratching your head Smile

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
29 Aug 2014 - 11:05 PM

Quote: IMHO, the most vociferous about camera snobbery are those that can't afford whatever it is they're complaining about!

To clarify, I wasn't talking about cost of cameras, more the brand A versus brand B or full frame versus whatever. Of which the debates will I've no doubt long continue Wink

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014822 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
29 Aug 2014 - 11:25 PM

Really good macro shots....because I can't do them myself.Tongue

themak
themak  169 forum posts Scotland
29 Aug 2014 - 11:41 PM

Selfies - can't do them. Arms too short.

Snapper
Snapper  93753 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
29 Aug 2014 - 11:53 PM

Ironically, you might have an original shot if you could get them both in. Maybe with a lonesome thorn tree.

I could try to get some bales placed between the small waterfall and Buachaille Etive Mor and you could join the queue of togs lining up to shoot them. Ashness Bridge is more difficult as the water is flowing away from the tripod holes, but I'm sure we could get a few bales there. Tongue

robthecamman
30 Aug 2014 - 4:52 AM

dont try to please anyone on here pointless task Tongue

Last Modified By robthecamman at 30 Aug 2014 - 4:53 AM
RoyBoy
RoyBoy  9171 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2014 - 5:33 AM

What I hate is people who say that they hate this and hate that in photography, because it's all be done before but whose own work appears so mediocre, boring and way off anything original.

Maybe they should just try some of the things they say they hate. Who knows they might actually enjoy it. Perhaps they already have and failed, hence their hatred?

RoyBoy
RoyBoy  9171 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2014 - 5:44 AM

Upon reflection, there is one thing that I do dislike and that is poor post-production in portraiture resulting in plastic faces;......oh my! I may have some of them?

Last Modified By RoyBoy at 30 Aug 2014 - 5:47 AM
rhol2
rhol2 e2 Member 3299 forum postsrhol2 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
30 Aug 2014 - 7:08 AM

I could try to get some bales placed between the small waterfall and Buachaille Etive Mor and you could join the queue of togs lining up to shoot them. Ashness Bridge is more difficult as the water is flowing away from the tripod holes, but I'm sure we could get a few bales there. Tongue

Great concept,but what about the tree?

mervyntattoo
30 Aug 2014 - 8:02 AM

Over processed, un- parallel sunbeams filtering through trees usually in Asia.

NeilS
NeilS e2 Member 7882 forum postsNeilS vcard United Kingdom
30 Aug 2014 - 8:29 AM

All the folk who live in the highlands and want electricity, along with Scottish electrics willingness to supply it via telegraph poles and overhead wires

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.