Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Things that annoy you photographically!

themak 1 156 Scotland
29 Aug 2014 9:35PM

Quote:I'm with those who dislike big bales and milky waterfalls

Ironically, you might have an original shot if you could get them both in. Maybe with a lonesome thorn tree.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
29 Aug 2014 9:38PM
"Camera snobbery"

.......Nuff said! Wink
Sooty_1 4 1.3k 203 United Kingdom
29 Aug 2014 10:01PM

Quote:"Camera snobbery"

.......Nuff said!

IMHO, the most vociferous about camera snobbery are those that can't afford whatever it is they're complaining about!
Buying a Leica won't make you a better photographer, but it might make you feel better about the process, and you have no redress about the quality of the camera. Poor pictures are your own fault!

One of my biggest beefs at the moment, is people thinking crap pictures are somehow elevated to art by conversion to black and white.

Nick
Chris_L e2
1.5k United Kingdom
29 Aug 2014 10:26PM
Bad composition. Nose bang in the centre of the frame, 5 foot of empty wall above the person's head, their bottom half cut off.

Also vertical video; looks okay on your phone but on the monitor and smart tv it's horrendous.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
29 Aug 2014 10:50PM
Really naff titles, the ones that leave you scratching your head Smile
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
29 Aug 2014 11:05PM

Quote:IMHO, the most vociferous about camera snobbery are those that can't afford whatever it is they're complaining about!

To clarify, I wasn't talking about cost of cameras, more the brand A versus brand B or full frame versus whatever. Of which the debates will I've no doubt long continue Wink
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
29 Aug 2014 11:25PM
Really good macro shots....because I can't do them myself.Tongue
themak 1 156 Scotland
29 Aug 2014 11:41PM
Selfies - can't do them. Arms too short.
Snapper 9 3.8k 3 United States Outlying Islands
29 Aug 2014 11:53PM

Ironically, you might have an original shot if you could get them both in. Maybe with a lonesome thorn tree.

I could try to get some bales placed between the small waterfall and Buachaille Etive Mor and you could join the queue of togs lining up to shoot them. Ashness Bridge is more difficult as the water is flowing away from the tripod holes, but I'm sure we could get a few bales there. Tongue
robthecamman 3 1.4k United Kingdom
30 Aug 2014 4:52AM
dont try to please anyone on here pointless task Tongue
RoyBoy 10 173 2 United Kingdom
30 Aug 2014 5:33AM
What I hate is people who say that they hate this and hate that in photography, because it's all be done before but whose own work appears so mediocre, boring and way off anything original.

Maybe they should just try some of the things they say they hate. Who knows they might actually enjoy it. Perhaps they already have and failed, hence their hatred?
RoyBoy 10 173 2 United Kingdom
30 Aug 2014 5:44AM
Upon reflection, there is one thing that I do dislike and that is poor post-production in portraiture resulting in plastic faces;......oh my! I may have some of them?
rhol2 e2
3 319 1 United Kingdom
30 Aug 2014 7:08AM

I could try to get some bales placed between the small waterfall and Buachaille Etive Mor and you could join the queue of togs lining up to shoot them. Ashness Bridge is more difficult as the water is flowing away from the tripod holes, but I'm sure we could get a few bales there. Tongue

Great concept,but what about the tree?
mervyntattoo 5 221 Wales
30 Aug 2014 8:02AM
Over processed, un- parallel sunbeams filtering through trees usually in Asia.
NeilS e2
7 936 United Kingdom
30 Aug 2014 8:29AM
All the folk who live in the highlands and want electricity, along with Scottish electrics willingness to supply it via telegraph poles and overhead wires

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.