Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Things that annoy you photographically!

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
31 Aug 2014 9:41PM

Quote:I actually have stress dreams where something important is unfolding and I'm unable to get any shots of it as every time I press the button the camera won't fire or flash won't work or some other problem like a battery running out occurs!

You need therapy Chris Tongue

Paying a professional photographer for graduation portraits and getting rank amateur and costly results.

Hmmm.....I can relate to that having recently had a similar experience.

A friend advised me that when it came to the hiring of the mortar board and gown I paid the small subsidy and got the stuff foe a week instead of just the day, we then shot our own graduation pictures at our own leisure spaced out over a week, so a least we got a few decent pics Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
31 Aug 2014 10:07PM
Things that annoy me photographically mainly cover equipment. So ..........

I'd like a basic but high-end MFT camera without wi-fi, HDR, video, scenes, pano-stitching, and all the rubbish that most of us don't use. I'd like a dead easy-to-understand menu, top-knotch IQ and a great range of lenses that cater to my needs speed-wise, sharpness, and dof/bokey brilliance. And I'd like that camera, preferably a Panasonic, to be half the price of the models that include all the useless stuff we don't want or need.

They make basic mobile phones, so why not basic MFT cameras?

But most of all, crap pictures that get fab reviews and publicity. Envious, moi?! Grin
Chris_L e2
1.5k United Kingdom
31 Aug 2014 10:17PM
The gx7 should have a pro-mode. Which instantly hides any menus relating to non-serious stuff. You can avoid some of it by never turning the dial to the scene setting. I'd want to keep the wi-fi though, it's incredibly useful to use a tablet or phone as your camera screen even if you're nowhere near it.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
1 Sep 2014 12:37AM
They make basic mobile phones, so why not basic MFT cameras?

They would cost more Chris Smile
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
1 Sep 2014 6:18AM

Quote:useful to use a tablet or phone as your camera screen even if you're nowhere near it.

Should be useful for macro/close-up.
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
1 Sep 2014 7:40AM

Quote:I've just had Canon 100mm macro go down on meSad

I knew Canon L lenses were versatile, Ade, but having one being able to do that is amazing!Wink Sure you weren't getting it mixed up with your Fleshlight?Tongue
TanyaH e2
11 687 79 United Kingdom
1 Sep 2014 9:52AM

I knew Canon L lenses were versatile, Ade, but having one being able to do that is amazing!Wink Sure you weren't getting it mixed up with your Fleshlight?Tongue

PMSL at that one!! Grin Grin Grin None of my L lenses (well, okay, only the one) have ever done that ... I must be doing something wrong Wink

One thing that bugs me (not necessarily photographically, but creatively) is that I spend ages thinking of something I want to do, going through it all in my mind (style, lighting, poses, how I'd do it, how I'd post process it) ... and then look in the gallery and fine some other bugger's beaten me to it Sad It's like "What?! Am I broadcasting out loud or something!!?" Sad Sad Smile
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
1 Sep 2014 12:11PM
It's well known that some Canon L lenses suck. Wink I had to Google to understand Malcolm's comment (honest) but I now know much more about him for doing so. Wink
lemmy e2
7 2.0k United Kingdom
1 Sep 2014 12:12PM

Quote: and then look in the gallery and fine some other bugger's beaten me to it

Look on the bright side - it's saved you a lot of time Wink
TanyaH e2
11 687 79 United Kingdom
1 Sep 2014 12:30PM

Quote:Look on the bright side - it's saved you a lot of time Wink

True, and most times they've done it better than I could have anyway Grin

[Edit: if I mentioned Canon L lenses, and 'step-up' rings in the same sentence ... given Ade's amazing discovery ... would that be very wrong of me?! Wink]
altitude50 e2
10 2.3k United Kingdom
1 Sep 2014 1:33PM
I live near the South Coast, Summer last year I was walking on the beach and the BBMF Lancaster flew low right overhead travelling from Bournemouth to Shoreham airshows, no camera with me.Sad
Last Saturday, hoping for the same sort of thing to happen I watched and listened from my car for 3 hours at a seafront car park with camera and 70-300mm lens ready. First of all a Spitfire went over, far too high, then the Lancaster went past, far too far North. I was just about to pack up when the Vulcan flew past, very low but about 3 miles away out over the sea.
As I drove off I noticed a line of seagulls on a set of low posts, so I stopped, knelt down, focused on the birds and two cyclists rode between me and the birds, frightening them away. When I arrived home, just after I got out of my car, the 'Sally B' flew overhead, very low. Camera safely in my Backpack!GrinGrinGrin
I suppose I should have gone to one of the Air Displays!
themak e2
1 159 Scotland
1 Sep 2014 4:46PM

Quote:I suppose I should have gone to one of the Air Displays

That would be too easy - like shooting birds in an aviary.
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
1 Sep 2014 5:52PM

Quote:That would be too easy - like shooting birds in an aviary.

Iraq, or Syria, would seem more appropriate.Tongue
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
1 Sep 2014 6:55PM

PMSL at that one!! Grin Grin Grin None of my L lenses (well, okay, only the one) have ever done that ... I must be doing something wrong Wink

One thing that bugs me (not necessarily photographically, but creatively) is that I spend ages thinking of something I want to do, going through it all in my mind (style, lighting, poses, how I'd do it, how I'd post process it) ... and then look in the gallery and fine some other bugger's beaten me to it Sad It's like "What?! Am I broadcasting out loud or something!!?" Sad Sad Smile

I want some of them pills Smile
Chris_L e2
1.5k United Kingdom
1 Sep 2014 10:59PM

Quote:I've just had Canon 100mm macro go down on me

That small huh?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.