Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Things that annoy you photographically!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315619 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
31 Aug 2014 - 9:41 PM

Quote: I actually have stress dreams where something important is unfolding and I'm unable to get any shots of it as every time I press the button the camera won't fire or flash won't work or some other problem like a battery running out occurs!

You need therapy Chris Tongue

Paying a professional photographer for graduation portraits and getting rank amateur and costly results.

Hmmm.....I can relate to that having recently had a similar experience.

A friend advised me that when it came to the hiring of the mortar board and gown I paid the small subsidy and got the stuff foe a week instead of just the day, we then shot our own graduation pictures at our own leisure spaced out over a week, so a least we got a few decent pics Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
31 Aug 2014 - 9:41 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64537 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
31 Aug 2014 - 10:07 PM

Things that annoy me photographically mainly cover equipment. So ..........

I'd like a basic but high-end MFT camera without wi-fi, HDR, video, scenes, pano-stitching, and all the rubbish that most of us don't use. I'd like a dead easy-to-understand menu, top-knotch IQ and a great range of lenses that cater to my needs speed-wise, sharpness, and dof/bokey brilliance. And I'd like that camera, preferably a Panasonic, to be half the price of the models that include all the useless stuff we don't want or need.

They make basic mobile phones, so why not basic MFT cameras?

But most of all, crap pictures that get fab reviews and publicity. Envious, moi?! Grin

Chris_L
Chris_L e2 Member 1247 forum postsChris_L vcard United Kingdom
31 Aug 2014 - 10:17 PM

The gx7 should have a pro-mode. Which instantly hides any menus relating to non-serious stuff. You can avoid some of it by never turning the dial to the scene setting. I'd want to keep the wi-fi though, it's incredibly useful to use a tablet or phone as your camera screen even if you're nowhere near it.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315619 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2014 - 12:37 AM

They make basic mobile phones, so why not basic MFT cameras?

They would cost more Chris Smile

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014920 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2014 - 6:18 AM

Quote: useful to use a tablet or phone as your camera screen even if you're nowhere near it.

Should be useful for macro/close-up.

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 44029 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway26 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2014 - 7:40 AM

Quote: I've just had Canon 100mm macro go down on meSad

I knew Canon L lenses were versatile, Ade, but having one being able to do that is amazing!Wink Sure you weren't getting it mixed up with your Fleshlight?Tongue

TanyaH
TanyaH Critique Team 11587 forum postsTanyaH vcard United Kingdom47 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2014 - 9:52 AM

I knew Canon L lenses were versatile, Ade, but having one being able to do that is amazing!Wink Sure you weren't getting it mixed up with your Fleshlight?Tongue

PMSL at that one!! Grin Grin Grin None of my L lenses (well, okay, only the one) have ever done that ... I must be doing something wrong Wink

One thing that bugs me (not necessarily photographically, but creatively) is that I spend ages thinking of something I want to do, going through it all in my mind (style, lighting, poses, how I'd do it, how I'd post process it) ... and then look in the gallery and fine some other bugger's beaten me to it Sad It's like "What?! Am I broadcasting out loud or something!!?" Sad Sad Smile

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023175 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2014 - 12:11 PM

It's well known that some Canon L lenses suck. Wink I had to Google to understand Malcolm's comment (honest) but I now know much more about him for doing so. Wink

Last Modified By keithh at 1 Sep 2014 - 12:12 PM
lemmy
lemmy  71940 forum posts United Kingdom
1 Sep 2014 - 12:12 PM

Quote: and then look in the gallery and fine some other bugger's beaten me to it

Look on the bright side - it's saved you a lot of time Wink

TanyaH
TanyaH Critique Team 11587 forum postsTanyaH vcard United Kingdom47 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2014 - 12:30 PM

Quote: Look on the bright side - it's saved you a lot of time Wink

True, and most times they've done it better than I could have anyway Grin

[Edit: if I mentioned Canon L lenses, and 'step-up' rings in the same sentence ... given Ade's amazing discovery ... would that be very wrong of me?! Wink]

Last Modified By TanyaH at 1 Sep 2014 - 12:33 PM
altitude50
altitude50  101982 forum posts United Kingdom
1 Sep 2014 - 1:33 PM

I live near the South Coast, Summer last year I was walking on the beach and the BBMF Lancaster flew low right overhead travelling from Bournemouth to Shoreham airshows, no camera with me.Sad
Last Saturday, hoping for the same sort of thing to happen I watched and listened from my car for 3 hours at a seafront car park with camera and 70-300mm lens ready. First of all a Spitfire went over, far too high, then the Lancaster went past, far too far North. I was just about to pack up when the Vulcan flew past, very low but about 3 miles away out over the sea.
As I drove off I noticed a line of seagulls on a set of low posts, so I stopped, knelt down, focused on the birds and two cyclists rode between me and the birds, frightening them away. When I arrived home, just after I got out of my car, the 'Sally B' flew overhead, very low. Camera safely in my Backpack!GrinGrinGrin
I suppose I should have gone to one of the Air Displays!

themak
themak  1107 forum posts Scotland
1 Sep 2014 - 4:46 PM

Quote: I suppose I should have gone to one of the Air Displays

That would be too easy - like shooting birds in an aviary.

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014920 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2014 - 5:52 PM

Quote: That would be too easy - like shooting birds in an aviary.

Iraq, or Syria, would seem more appropriate.Tongue

Paul Morgan
1 Sep 2014 - 6:55 PM

PMSL at that one!! Grin Grin Grin None of my L lenses (well, okay, only the one) have ever done that ... I must be doing something wrong Wink

One thing that bugs me (not necessarily photographically, but creatively) is that I spend ages thinking of something I want to do, going through it all in my mind (style, lighting, poses, how I'd do it, how I'd post process it) ... and then look in the gallery and fine some other bugger's beaten me to it Sad It's like "What?! Am I broadcasting out loud or something!!?" Sad Sad Smile

I want some of them pills Smile

Chris_L
Chris_L e2 Member 1247 forum postsChris_L vcard United Kingdom
1 Sep 2014 - 10:59 PM

Quote: I've just had Canon 100mm macro go down on me

That small huh?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.