Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Think Tank Photo Airport 4-Sight

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    mswiech
    mswiech  3 Canada1 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Jan 2013 - 10:08 PM

Well I just received my Think Tank Photo Airport 4-Sight the other day. I must tell you that this is one great rolling camera bag that Think Tank provides. One of the main features that this bag is known for is that unlike the previous rolling camera bags from Think Tank it provided you with 2 wheels and you needed to tilt it on its side. With the 4-Sight it now has 4 wheels attached. This means that it will be extremely easy to navigate down tight isle ways whether it is on a Plane, Train, or even a Bus. If the wheels do break or wear out, you can get a free replacement from Think Tank Photo. You will need to get a hold of them for information on that. There is no frills on the outside of the bag. So that means no spot for your laptop or tablet. That is something that I would really like to have been added at least. There are 2 small pockets. One on the top and one on the side. As usual they use the YKK zippers. IMO the best zipper on the market. Another design change from previous models is that instead of opening the bag and it folding in the front it now has a hinged cover that opens to the side. As always there is enough dividers that they provide so you can configure the set up any which way you see fit. One more benefit with this bag is that they provide you with a cable management bag that is included with the purchase, which is great for you to store any and all of your chargers/cables. As always as well you are provided with Think Tank Photo's rain cover. This will protect your investment and make sure everything stays dry.

I've posted a quick a review that I did online. Please comment and subscribe.

Thanks everyone.

Mike

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    17 Jan 2013 - 10:08 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    17 Jan 2013 - 10:38 PM

Interested in what you have to say, Mike.

I have always had a huge fear of any "suitcase with wheels" type of camera bag because I imagined that the wheels were not well enough sprung to absorb all the horrendous jolts that a normal wheeled suitcase gets when you roll it over any airport concourse/car park/check-in area etc.

How effective is the "suspension" on this model at smoothing out all such jolts?

Last Modified By User_Removed at 17 Jan 2013 - 10:39 PM
    mswiech
    mswiech  3 Canada1 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Jan 2013 - 11:05 PM

Quote: Interested in what you have to say, Mike.

I have always had a huge fear of any "suitcase with wheels" type of camera bag because I imagined that the wheels were not well enough sprung to absorb all the horrendous jolts that a normal wheeled suitcase gets when you roll it over any airport concourse/car park/check-in area etc.

How effective is the "suspension" on this model at smoothing out all such jolts?

Well I have tested it out and had it loaded. Obviously when you are on bumpy surfaces you will feel it, but when you are running around smooth floors/carpets it is fine. If you plan on using it to roll down the street you might be better off tilting and using the 2 wheel setup. Just like with the previous Airport Series camera bags, it is a hard resin plastic holding the wheels in place so now you have 4 in place of 2. Think Tank did a great job on this model IMO. It serves it purpose to move quickly and to navigate down tight quaters like an isle or even a check in line.

I hope that answers your question and thanks for the comment.

User_Removed
    18 Jan 2013 - 7:42 PM

I have never found any airport where you can get from the car park to the departure lounge or from Arrivals to the taxi rank without bumping your luggage over several high kerbs and cobbled areas. I think I will stick to backpacks for sensitive photographic gear and keep the wheeled suitcase for my jammies and kilt..

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.