Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Get on1's Perfect Effects 9.5 for FREE! (£48 value)

Thinking about a change.

Coleslaw 9 13.4k 28 Wales
8 Dec 2012 9:49AM
They have been in the business for years.
As far as I know, if there is any issue, you send it to the repair centre in the uk instead of HK, and they pay for it.
Of course, the choice is yours.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

8 Dec 2012 9:09PM
Just wanted to say a big thank to everyone offering help. Bless you all Smile
10 Dec 2012 9:13AM
I've asked this seller about the 24-105 for 550 brand new in a white box. He replied saying it is an import model but carries a full warranty from canon. Is it actually any different to one I might get say in Jessops?

Checked with some of their past buyers on eBay and none have any complaints to make. Clearly it is 300 cheaper than Jessops. I am just concerned between 'import' and UK spec.

Can you help?

Lens HERE
mikehit Plus
5 7.6k 11 United Kingdom
10 Dec 2012 11:24AM
If it is in a plain white box it has (in my experience) been kit lens split from the body because someone wanted to buy the body with a different lens: but I am not sure why an import would not come in the standard box. If it is a Canon lens it is the same as any other lens you may buy on the high street.
10 Dec 2012 11:40AM
Thanks Mike. So as an import, as long as I have it in writing that Canon will warranty it for twelve months I should be OK?
mikehit Plus
5 7.6k 11 United Kingdom
10 Dec 2012 11:57AM
Last time I bought a canon lens (about 2 years ago) Canon Lenses came with a worldwide warranty but bodies were regional warranty only (one explanation was that bodies are more complex and more likely to go wrong so were more of a burden to fix). So even though it is an import (ex-kit or not and at least he is being honest) and if you have an e-mail from him saying it is covered under warranty you should be OK.

Note that things are changing in warranty-land. For example there was a recent circular that Nikon US have started to support warranties only when the item is bought from an authorised dealer in the US and they can tell from the serial number where it was bought. I don't know if Canon are going down the same line which is why receipt is vital.
12 Dec 2012 7:11PM
ha, all done. 559 sovs on their way as is my 24-105 on the way to me. I even got a phone call to say I was getting a free filter. waste really as I have just taken Mike's tip and paid 19.99 with free del on Amazonian I always think of Brigitte Nielsen when I hear the word Amazon) for a Pro I Hoya UV filter. Anyway, should be with me tomorrow, pics to follow.

Next up is maybe the 17-40L. I've seen some really great images here on EPZ using that lens; I appreciate I need a better body though. I KNOW I KNOW Those that have seen me will agree no doubt. Tongue
KevSB 11 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
12 Dec 2012 7:23PM
There is no substitute for good glass, many ignore that advice on here to grab the latest Body, two years later there chasing A new body with very little difference.

Top quality glass will make a big difference and still be going 5 years and more from now and will still hold value, expansive at first but in the long term the most economical disision you can make. on the downside you will not buy cheap glass again.

Ive had my 100-400 6 years now and my 24-105 four years and worth more to sell than I paid for them which I have no intension of doing so. Dont exspect Too much from it right away , like any bit of equipment it requires you to learn how to use it to its best.
12 Dec 2012 7:42PM
Thanks Kev; I fully expect to spend time with my 24-105, and suspect that the best results are likely to come from manual settings.

Thanks for taking the time to post a reply. It is very much appreciated.

Mozzy

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.