Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Thinking of trading in my P510 for a SX40hs

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    kevcampbell
    7 Feb 2013 - 12:26 PM

Lately i have been in a very tricky place, I love my nikon P510, but i would love for it to be capable of more things than it is right now like having a hot shoe (which the P510 doesn't have but the SX40 does)

both cameras have on board features that the other does not, P510 has an 'easy panoramo' mode which stitches everything together for you, but then I havent used this feature as much as I thought I would have since getting the camera christmas 2012 time, same as the selective colour mode that you can find on the camera which i thought i would be using much more but turns out i played about with those things for 5 minutes and haven't touched them much since

financially i cant afford to own both cameras or i would, if i happened to trade in my P510 id need to get as much from that to go towards an sx40 too as we are saving for a holiday right now so i cant afford to sell/trade it at too low of a price, but then the camera is as good as new, so i guess theres a chance i could be fine if i sell/trade it

now to talk about what i know about the sx40, which is not much, but i know it has a hot shoe, and when i got my P510 i understood that on board flash alone was alright, but not up to the job like an external flash hooked onto the hot shoe, even though i can adjust the flash exposure on my P510 you can still tell that flash has been used, my wife does modelling so i know what cameras with hot shoe flashes can achieve for portraits and i guess the camera itself plays a major part too obviously, but i imagine a bridge with a hot shoe would be much better for shooting people than a camera without a hot shoe

in a very tricky place here though, need some help and advice on what to do, i know you cant give me too much help and advice on the only information i have given you, so if you have any questions to ask please do as i am sure there is loads i have not written here that i should have written

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    7 Feb 2013 - 12:26 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.