Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

ThinkTank/Newswear Speedbelts and pouches

Centurion 10 1.2k England
13 Sep 2006 8:39PM
Just been browsing a site called Snapperstuff as Im looking for a utility type belt system for carrying my stuff during the Wedding season next year.

I was hoping if anyone here had used them and could recommend it as a system.

I like the idea of having the weight distributed around my waist rather than my neck (70-200 can be heavy after a short while).

Also I would appreciate any other heads up on manufacterers of this kind of belt system.

Thanks in advance

Gav

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

onewildworld 12 696 4 United Kingdom
13 Sep 2006 9:01PM
I can recommend both. I have a newswear chestvest and it's very comfortable, even fully laden (yes I have carried a 70-200 2.8 IS in it too). The ThinkTank stuff I have tried but don't own but I found it very well made and a very good system for photography on the move.

As for buying from snapperstuff - it's where I got my chestvest from and the service was very good.

You could also look at the Lowepro S+F stuff but I think either the ThinkTank setup or chestvest setup would be better.

Just don't try and wear a chestvest through airport security - you look like a bomber with semtex strapped around your waist!

Dave
13 Sep 2006 9:11PM
Thanks for the quick response. I think a harness system would be a little OTT for weddings but I could be wrong.

I have just been looking at the lowepro street/field belt system and that also looks ideal.

My main concern would be which pouch for the camera body and the larger lenses.

Also does any one know of a sling system for carrying the camera across the chest instead of around the neck, possibly a 2 point sling with a quick release, lol?

Maybe I should browse the military shops too ha ha.

Thanks

Gav
onewildworld 12 696 4 United Kingdom
13 Sep 2006 10:00PM
Military shops is not a bad idea - I've often toyed with the idea of a webtex webbing system - I think it'd work well, you just need to carefully pick which one.

Re: Chestvest/harness sytem - I often wear it without the should straps on, just slung around the waist and it works pretty well, though indeed, if you want a specifically wasit belt design, ThinkTank photo stuff would be the best option. I looks a little better (IMO) than Lowepro S+F too - a little more upmarket so to speak. Probably better with a suit.... Wink

Dave
shooter 12 105 Canada
14 Sep 2006 2:56AM
I've got to put in a good word for ThinkTank; I've used it everywhere, even while shooting bicycle races from the back of a motorcycle, and there's nothing handier. Well made, too. Can't go wrong.
14 Sep 2006 4:47PM
Thanks for the responses. Think ill give thinktank a closer look.

Gav
perkyjude 3 46 11 England
23 Apr 2012 7:10PM
I love the idea of the new Lens Exchange Case from Lowepro but really dont like the price of the belt and then the case on top. So... I was thinking... I wonder if it would fit onto a thinktank belt? As it would seem thinktank have not got a bag like it - clever idea - somewhere to put the elns as you swap them over - I know it would be great for me (butter fingers here) . What's your thoughts?? Jude
OldTom1 3 69
25 Apr 2012 2:21PM
I have the think tank system. Was looking at the idea when I went on a wedding workshop with Brett Harkness. He uses it and I have since. Works like a dream, leaves my assistant to carry to speedlight and softbox.
He might have some vieios on his wite, www.brettharknessphotography.com to show how he uses them. I find them essential.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.