Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

third party M42

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    HuntedDragon
    19 Jul 2009 - 12:25 PM

ok, i received a pentocon f/1.8 50mm lens as a birthday prezzie, i've found two mounts that allow a bleep when focus is acheived (obviously manual contol only) so heres a direct question...

if i get the mount adapter will the lens naff the camera in any way?
    (its a canon 300D)

side isues.... i aint a scared of manual control lol.. infact i'd say it's a loss of control (in a phlisofical way) to be dependent, or only having the option of 'manufacturers auto'.... sort of means theyre taking the picture for you..so... sounds like a good way to learn a bit, may even be fun, unless the camera suffers and stops me.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    19 Jul 2009 - 12:25 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

chris.maddock
    19 Jul 2009 - 12:50 PM

It shouldn't do any harm provided that nothing sticks further into the camera than a normal EF lens does.

Note that not all focus-confirm chips (the bit that makes the camera think there's an EF lens fitted in manual-focus mode and beep when focussed) are particularly reliable with regards to critical focus - you will need to test it to ascertain that it is accurate before relying on it.

The Fred Miranda forum site on the net includes an "Alternative Gear & Lenses" forum which is worth a read if you get "hooked" on using non-standard gear. Not sure that links to other forum sites are approved of here, but you'll find it easily enough via Google.

KRs
    Chris

randomrubble
    19 Jul 2009 - 1:35 PM

Proceed with care. Make sure the adapter catches the stop down pin as not all do. Also Not all M42 lenses are safe on full frame eos bodies but the 300D should be OK.

HuntedDragon
    19 Jul 2009 - 11:34 PM

hey thank you...some disition time thinking to do.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.