Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

This woman is scary.....

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

bfgstew
bfgstew  8668 forum posts England105 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jun 2011 - 8:27 PM

I don't mind freedom of speech, its what makes our society so great, but someone needs to shove something in this woman gob to shut her up, you've been warned.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
3 Jun 2011 - 8:27 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

RogBrown
RogBrown  73006 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jun 2011 - 8:49 PM

Actually, not that I'm defending the dreadful woman, but this is a selective quote. She actually said a lot more trhan this to the effect that we should not allow our dogs (or kids) to run wild through bluebells. The "kill your dog" bit was a sort of jokey after thought. Still, it was the Mirror after all. Smile

bfgstew
3 Jun 2011 - 8:55 PM

There was mention of stopping people photographing them as well!
Yes there are some mindless people who will just stroll clumsily over these beautiful wild flowers to get a pic of little 'Angel' skipping through them. But I, and I am 100% certain all other serious guys would and do careful step through, over and around them so as not to cause any damage. If I could float I would.
As for dogs, maybe a tongue in cheek comment but still stupid. Its the owners fault for not clearing up their pets mess. Dogs and bluebells have been around a lot longer than we have!

Sus
Sus  93183 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jun 2011 - 9:05 AM

What about the threat from erotic bottoms? Or is that just tulips?

KevSB
KevSB  101408 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jun 2011 - 9:08 AM

As jeremy clarkson responded, Human urine has more of the damaging chemicals in them so kill a hiker today to save our bluebells!

Last Modified By KevSB at 4 Jun 2011 - 9:09 AM
trivets12
trivets12  101155 forum posts
4 Jun 2011 - 10:14 AM

Urine is cleaner than spit, so perhaps we should kill all spitters first?

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315488 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jun 2011 - 12:43 PM

Quote: Urine is cleaner than spit, so perhaps we should kill all spitters first?

Only if its fresh

Tooth
Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jun 2011 - 2:16 PM

Bluebells are beautiful but they don't greet you like you've been gone for years every time you come home. Pet dog - pet bluebell - no brainer Smile

bfgstew
4 Jun 2011 - 2:21 PM

Quote: Bluebells are beautiful but they don't greet you like you've been gone for years every time you come home. Pet dog - pet bluebell - no brainer Smile

Mad Aussie, mad dog, I know which one I would prefer...............Tongue

Sus
Sus  93183 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jun 2011 - 2:40 PM

We simply keep ourselves and our dogs off the bluebells. Its not an eithe/or choice - we should all be able to live in harmony with some manners, consideration and common sense!

Its like any of these stupid bans prohibiting people/dogs/children/whatever from an area, because they can't be trusted to look after the environment or just be sensible. Make a big example of those who spoil the environment (rural or urban) for others, fine them, and let social ostracism be the punishment for these idiots.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315488 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jun 2011 - 3:32 PM

Quote: This woman is scary.....

I`m sure she`s not as half scary as some of the woman dog lovers I`ve known Smile

I can remember a story from a few years ago, a farmer shot a dog for attacking his sheep.

Some dog owners need keeping under control.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64470 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jun 2011 - 3:44 PM

Well she's certainly got herself a load of publicity.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012607 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jun 2011 - 4:00 PM

Probably the point, would alot of people really be talking about it if she hadnt been controversial?

Last Modified By answersonapostcard at 4 Jun 2011 - 4:01 PM
strokebloke
4 Jun 2011 - 8:24 PM

Quote: Well she's certainly got herself a load of publicity

It's what this lady is particularly good at & what she does best and, what she has always done.
And, by and large, [as many other controversial figures of both gender have done] talks a lot of sense in the doing so.
She makes you think - whether you agree with her as a result of such thinking, may well be another matter; however

Quote: but someone needs to shove something in this woman gob to shut her up

is a complete contradiction of the statement,

Quote: I don't mind freedom of speech, its what makes our society so great

and a less than enlightened viewpoint of the modern thinking individual GrinGrin

Fortunately, social injustice will probably recover with the same alacrity as the trampled or pood-upon bluebells. Wink

soulofharmony

ha ha might be sure its dear old MS controversial ???.. she sure does cause a stir... now breaking out to be a london farmer ???? ... As we say in Norfolk... probably what she doesn't realise... "Badger's" will probably destroy a showing of blue bells.. faster than any Dog Poop, children another story not going there , she has a point to a degree but with out the full understanding of the food chain... Badgers love the taste of Bluebell roots and green leaves and part of their diet in spring...!!!! ..

All things in nature work together, part of the chain... (part from ms controversial )...!!!!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.