Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Three Memories

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 1110234 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Sep 2013 - 6:54 AM

I couldn't sleep this morning and as I lay in bed for some reason my mind starting mulling over things I remembered from my past (non-family events)

This got me to wondering what would be the first 3 memories that would come to mind for other EPZers so thought to share mine to kick this off:

- the sound of the air-raid warning followed by that of the Doodlebug, then the silence as it cut out and the "Crump" you felt as well as heard when it went off (always thought they should have gone "Bang" instead Smile )

- sitting on the verandah of a makeshift hotel (linked portacabins inside a Longhouse design wooden structure!) on the beach of a logging town in Sarawak, in the middle of a massive tropical storm, drinking brandy with the duty manager as the sea came up and flooded the ground floor

- "Knowing" I was going to die as the Handley Page Herald I was flying in at around 14 thousand feet dropped vertically for more than 13 seconds with the stewardess, our food and drinks etc on the ceiling. (obviously we didn't - else I wouldn't be writing this now Grin )

Over to you

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    16 Sep 2013 - 6:54 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

779HOB
    779HOB  21018 forum posts United Kingdom
    16 Sep 2013 - 7:18 AM

Are we talking earliest memories or the first 3 that come into our heads?

First 3 would depend on the current situation. If I started to think about the first 3 memories I end up with my earliest and then something random linked to that first one. If it's the first 3 that come to mind it's; I need toothpaste, milk and bread.

And of course reading your memories makes me think of anything I have similar to yours! Now my heads all messed up with stuff and I will forget the toothpaste, milk and bread!

Last Modified By 779HOB at 16 Sep 2013 - 7:20 AM
    brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 1110234 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Sep 2013 - 7:30 AM

I was suggesting the first 3 that pop into your head, but its really up to you, its only for a bit of fun Smile

"Toothpaste, milk and bread sounds" an interesting diet - cleans your teeth as you eat Smile

thewilliam
    16 Sep 2013 - 11:19 AM

Was it true the news reports of doodle-bug explosions were always reported as falling further north of where they'd really landed so that Jerry would think that they were putting too much fuel in them? Subsequent doodle-bugs should then have fallen short of London.

Last Modified By thewilliam at 16 Sep 2013 - 11:19 AM
    mikehit
    mikehit  56311 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Sep 2013 - 11:34 AM

That was the plan, either using indiscrete news reports or the network of German spies (by 1942 the British had identified almost every German spy which meant they faced the firing squad) and getting them to report back incorrect information.
    This did not stop some hitting London but it was far less than it could have been.

yashicaboy
    16 Sep 2013 - 9:30 PM

Waking up in hospital and seeing my legs in the air in plaster (I had had a big bang on the bike and shattered both legs! Still got the pins & scars!)
    Holding my daughter Caroline just after a difficult birth having nearly lost her and her mum (Shes now 23 and to big to hold!)
    Worrying where my 0-1 mic is! (its a left hander and quite often goes walkabout at work )

brian1208
    16 Sep 2013 - 11:18 PM

Quote: Waking up in hospital and seeing my legs in the air in plaster (I had had a big bang on the bike and shattered both legs! Still got the pins & scars!)

Ouch - I was fellow biker and can sympathise, with me it was only one leg, but hand and back as well, had a "Tin" knee (total replacement) for 17 years as a result

cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 104014 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Sep 2013 - 8:17 AM

Fully awake in the operating theatre having two stents inserted through my arm SmileSmile - realising how mortal we all are (i'm still here too!!!! GrinGrinGrin)

The feeling of pride pulling on my first `county' shirt (hockey) - sent shivers up my spine SmileSmile

Sense of fulfillment on getting accredited for my Chartered Management Diploma in my late 50s....there's hope for everyone!!

joolsb
    joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Sep 2013 - 1:05 PM

Quote: Now my heads all messed up with stuff and I will forget the toothpaste, milk and bread!

Toothpaste sandwiches washed down with milk? Are you sure you're not pregnant?? Wink Grin

Last Modified By joolsb at 17 Sep 2013 - 1:07 PM
    joolsb
    joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Sep 2013 - 1:06 PM

Quote: Fully awake in the operating theatre having two stents inserted through my arm

Count yourself lucky. Over here they go in through the groin... :-0

Last Modified By joolsb at 17 Sep 2013 - 1:07 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.