Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Three more companies Join M4/3

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315626 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2012 - 2:48 PM

This is good news.

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/tamron--tokina--and-astrodesign-join-micro-fou...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Jan 2012 - 2:48 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

oldblokeh
oldblokeh  3837 forum posts United Kingdom
26 Jan 2012 - 3:13 PM

Excellent news. There may be a chance of my other half getting a reasonably affordable macro lens...

User_Removed
26 Jan 2012 - 3:20 PM

I've yet to see a picture taken with an M4/3 camera that looks better than what you can get with a regular compact, certainly never seen one that's on a par with a DSLR and quality lens.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315626 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2012 - 3:38 PM

Lol grow up Smile

Carrera_c
Carrera_c  5256 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2012 - 3:48 PM

Quote: I've yet to see a picture taken with an M4/3 camera that looks better than what you can get with a regular compact, certainly never seen one that's on a par with a DSLR and quality lens.

Yeah right, my brothers old E-PL1 easily beat the pants off my S90. And my G3 is easily up there with your entry level DSLRs (D3100, 1100D).

All we need now is some better glass. A lot of the M4/3 prime lenses are pretty nice, but there's no great zooms out there yet. That's why this is really good news. Hopefully with some more lens manufacturers on board we'll start to see some higher quality zoom lenses coming to market. Personally I can't wait for the Panasonic 'X' lenses with their F2.8 aperture, hopefully they'll give the quality zoom we're looking for.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318456 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2012 - 4:17 PM

Quote: I've yet to see a picture taken with an M4/3 camera that looks better than what you can get with a regular compact, certainly never seen one that's on a par with a DSLR and quality lens.

I assume that's a joke to wind people up? My Pen E-P2 knocks spots of many DSLRs

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225752 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2012 - 4:30 PM

Quote: My Pen E-P2 knocks spots of many DSLRs

Gets rid of Dust Bunnys, Pete? Wink

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318456 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2012 - 4:32 PM

lol...I wish it did. Speaking of which I do need to clean the sensor!

User_Removed
26 Jan 2012 - 4:54 PM

...as does my E-P1 !!

This is excellent news indeed as Paul says...

Last Modified By User_Removed at 26 Jan 2012 - 4:55 PM
Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2012 - 5:29 PM

Quote: ...as does my E-P1 !!

I'll let you know about that once my Xmas Draw prize arrives........

Whoops sorry, that was a bit on the smug side wasn't it Tongue

Ade

User_Removed
26 Jan 2012 - 9:03 PM

Quote: A lot of the M4/3 prime lenses are pretty nice, but there's no great zooms out there yet

Any links to large pictures taken with these micro wonders?

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
26 Jan 2012 - 9:06 PM

only because I haven't got mine yet......Tongue lol

Paul Morgan
26 Jan 2012 - 9:07 PM

Can`t you just go and try one out and see for yourself ?

There`s not shortage of Jpegs or raw samples floating around the web, are they not good enough for you.

User_Removed
26 Jan 2012 - 9:26 PM

Yeah I'll look for myself, there must be a shortage of decent images for you to link to Smile

Paul Morgan
26 Jan 2012 - 9:31 PM

I`m not going to waste my time Chris

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.