Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Time lapse, very urgent request... as time is running out for me , thanks.

looboss 8 3.1k 7 United Kingdom
21 May 2011 5:00PM
I am looking to get a time-lapse photo sequence to this, (end of the world rapture thing) 1prob who will stop the camera? anyone know how to get round this problem?

I don't want my batteries to go flat coz none bothered to turn it off, I'm worried if it damages the camera.

Also could I get some software downloaded that will upload all the images to my pc make a video and uploaded on to you tube.

I appreciate any help, if you are however running around like a headless chickens because the world is ending and don't have any time for me, I will quite understand, although I think you will be acting quite selfish I will not hold it against you but don't ask me for any favours in the after life, however i do not think I will move onto the great downstairs or boiler room of the afterlife, hell no! Smile

have a nice life... Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

csurry 12 9.2k 92
21 May 2011 5:48PM
Firstly Luis I would gladly spend my last hours on earth helping you. However, to solve a couple of your problems I think a little more forward planning was needed. I would have suggested an external battery pack for one, perhaps a Quantum.

Now I don't believe that the batteries expiring will damage the camera, and depending on how the world is about to end that may cause a lot more damage than a leaking battery!

The software you require is iStopMotion to create the movie from your images. Now again with some planning you could have written a wrapper to directly download from your camera to a laptop harddrive and use the directory to feed iStopMotion and then create a routine to automatically upload to YouTube. Now at this point I am presuming that you already have an account to make the automation possible, else it will fail when trying to log in.

I think if you are quick you can get a five day trial of iStopMotion here and as it is for five days you will not need to worry about it expiring before the video is uploaded.

Good luck.
looboss 8 3.1k 7 United Kingdom
21 May 2011 8:05PM
gee thanks, but the sense of urgency has ceased now until the end of the year so I'm told Wink
Still! some very good tips and so thank you for spending what might have been the last few minutes of your life to help me out. you are a star! Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.