Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Tintagel & North Cornwall

Cowbags 10 436 England
14 Aug 2007 10:47AM
Hi Folks!

I am off to Tintagel for a week at the beginning of September. I was hoping that you guys could give some ideas on the best photographic locations around this area (as well as directions on how to find them!). I am preferably looking for landscapes and some nice rocky coves for sunrise/sunset shots!

All help gratefully received!!

Claire

P.S. All locations have to doggy friendly - I wouldn't want to leave Charlie in the car!!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CathyI e2
10 344 3 United Kingdom
14 Aug 2007 11:25AM
Loads of places round there, but my fave and personal recommendation is Boscastle: fabulous situation, beautiful little harbour, blowhole in the cliffs which can be spectacular if the conditions are right, interesting medieval (I think!) field system up on the cliffs and interesting river valley (the Valency) inland... Have to admit that I don't know whether it's dog-friendly, but as it's not beach, I would imagine Charlie will be OK to accompany you! Wink
mattw 11 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
14 Aug 2007 12:42PM
The Clifs east of Tintagel have potential.

On a high tide, Trebarwith Strand can be good for sunset, as the sea surges up a rocky channel
ZenTog 12 7.9k 1 England
14 Aug 2007 1:30PM
between boscastle and tintagel is rocky valley and st nectairns glen both fantastic places
also the witch craft musuem at boscastle
Kris_Dutson 12 8.2k 1 England
14 Aug 2007 1:35PM

Quote: witch craft musuem at boscastle

I believe they have effigies of both Paul and Geoff on display....

Wink
ZenTog 12 7.9k 1 England
14 Aug 2007 1:39PM
yeah geoffs doll dates from the 1920`s
John_Frid 8 514 56 United Kingdom
14 Aug 2007 1:51PM
Bookmarking - I'm off to Cornwall in September so am also looking for suggestions.
sharonf 8 87 United Kingdom
14 Aug 2007 5:03PM
ooh great make me three, im off to cornwall in september as well, i fancy witchcraft museum, so i will be looking at all suggestions. sharon
Cowbags 10 436 England
18 Aug 2007 10:30AM
John and Sharon - I have been PM'd a list of places that might be of interest in the North Cornwall area. If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll forward them on to you!

Claire
Take-a-View 10 293 5 United Kingdom
18 Aug 2007 11:04AM
Can recommend Rocky Valley a wonderful walk down to the sea. Head for Trevillett Mill on the B3263 between Tintagel and Boscastle
joolsb 10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
18 Aug 2007 11:19AM
Just come back from a couple of days in that part of the world and, in addition to the other great suggestions, I would add The Strangles beach near Crackington Haven (a fair hike from the road and a b*****d of a climb back up, but worth it) and Sandy Mouth Bay. Hopefully, you'll have better luck with the tides than I did. High tides at both dawn and sunset spoilt things somewhat.
ckristoff 10 959 Wales
19 Aug 2007 5:53PM
Went to Boscastle and Tintagel 2 years ago, for about 4 days. Parked my camper at Trewethit Farm Caravan Club site. Fantastic area for landscapes.

I need to find my slides to see if any are worth uploading to my portfolio!

Frank.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.