Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Tips and tricks

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
25 Nov 2011 11:40PM
Here`s a few, if you find any more, add them here.

Playback, With the camera switch off and the lenscap on hold down the playback button and the lcd comes to life allowing you to view images, to switch back of press playback button once more.

Stealth mode, hold down the Dis/back button, this kills the flash and AF iluminator.

Manual focus,use the AEL/AFL button to focus and to fine focus use the rear dial, its a whole lot less frustrating.

Off camera flash, any shutter speed can be set, great for balancing ambient light.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
26 Nov 2011 9:59AM
Brilliant playback tip - thanks for that Smile

As for the others - they'll sure come in useful when I get to play with manual focus, off camera flash (no gun for this yet) and need stealth mode - actually that might come in useful today.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
28 Nov 2011 12:53AM
Yes some of these are useful Smile
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
28 Nov 2011 8:39AM
At some point I hope to slow down and explore the camera thoroughly - so far it's been mainly used on my dashes to and from town - and at a wedding on Saturday where it performed extremely well on EXR Auto.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
28 Nov 2011 12:46PM
I`ve still to play with the EXR stuff, but from what I`ve seen its really quite good.

Loads of sample pics here in EXR, should imagine it would be right up your street with the still life`s you do.

http://www.boxedlight.com/x10/index.htm
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
4 Dec 2011 11:55AM
It just came in handy photographing underneath the boiler so I could figure out which screw to turn to top it up a bit Smile
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
4 Dec 2011 11:17PM
I`d never thought of using a camera to view in difficult places to get Smile

Not used any camera for the best part of two weeks but I have just been checking to see if the X10 could be suitable for infra red and it seems it should be ok, going by the TV remote test Smile
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
5 Dec 2011 8:31AM
I frequently do - behind the kitchen sink to see where the drip is, under the stairs to see the labels on the fuse box, under the boiler Smile Previously I've used a very old, not very good, mobile camera but the X10 does a much better job Smile

Good news on the IR front - shall make a note to investigate that too!
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
5 Dec 2011 1:11PM

Quote:Good news on the IR front - shall make a note to investigate that too!

Yes just need to find a well priced filter adapter and hood.
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
5 Dec 2011 2:11PM
True - maybe I'll get Christmas out of the way first!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.