Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Tips for Beginners

25 May 2007 3:01PM
The thing is though, apart from the usual humour (which I hope nobody is going to try and get rid of) where are the unhelpful or mocking posts in this thread? My experience is that people are helpful and genuine questions get answered

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
25 May 2007 3:01PM
Sometimes a couple of lines of helpful comment can be of more assistance to a beginner than an incredibly complex "hey, look how much I know" reply.......... that's for sure! Wink
25 May 2007 10:30PM
I'll go along with that, CB.

Especially when a long encyclopedic explanation follows the simple one you have just given.

jas
keith selmes
11 7.1k 1 United Kingdom
26 May 2007 9:28AM

Quote:this is a section for the beginners to feel comfortable in

a lot of people just use 'recent activity' and don't notice what section its from.

Quote: if they are just going to be mocked

that hasn't happened in this thread, although people do often use self deprecation to make the point.

there are some comments that are perhaps tired or cynical, arising from experience of how questions are often answered inappropriately.

I suppose useful 'beginner tips' might not be what beginners expect, but this thread ought to be pretty helpful really.

Incidentally I have both left the lens cap on, and lost the lens cap, and I do regard those as important fundamentals in photography.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
26 May 2007 2:10PM

Quote:a lot of people just use 'recent activity' and don't notice what section its from.

Spot on. We could actually have almost everything lumped into a single forum section and it wouldn't make a great deal of difference to many users.
JJGEE
10 6.4k 18 England
26 May 2007 3:35PM
Having a mental block on finding something new to photograph ?

If when you go out and take a route:

Home to A to B to C to Home try the route in reverse.

I guarantee you will spot different views, subjects etc.

You do not even need the camera... could be just taking the dog for a walk.
ElmsArt e2
8 82 1 Scotland
5 Jun 2012 3:53AM
I found this site and got my grand daughter (11yrs) using it as she is getting into photography. After a week she is telling her father about f-stops, aperture setting and white balance etc.

http://camerasim.com/camera-simulator/

I just went back and played with it myself. Is quite fun GrinGrin

Thought I would put it here incase it did help someone. Or is there a better forum to post it to? Maybe "Tips for the Pro's"?GrinGrin

Jackie

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.