Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Tips for Macro

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014800 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Jan 2013 - 2:40 AM

This article may give you some ideas. Interesting bit on those lenses you use Paul.Smile

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    15 Jan 2013 - 2:40 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

avacreates
    15 Jan 2013 - 6:46 AM

Thank you so much for sharing. I'm still researching the subject including the lens and add ons - converters etc. I've had some fantastic input from EPZ members regarding lens and converters and I must say this article is very encouraging and made me more enthusiastic to actually get out there and now check out the Lens that EPZ members have recommended.
    THANK YOU
    AVA

StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014800 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Jan 2013 - 7:39 AM

You're welcome Ava, glad I could be of some help.

StrayCat
    15 Jan 2013 - 7:43 AM

This page has lots of links to good info.

Cheers,
    Denny

sparrowhawk
    sparrowhawk e2 Member 5267 forum postssparrowhawk vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Jan 2013 - 3:36 PM

one thing i would suggest iis use a tripod or monopod and remember that your apertures work in reverse so you should start at f8 and go up if need be you want to keep in mind that you want as much in focus as possible and try to keep your subjects square on ! which i know isn't always possible. Just a few things that were pointed out to me when i started macro photography

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96303 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Jan 2013 - 6:42 PM

Quote: and remember that your apertures work in reverse

What is that supposed to mean ?

discreetphoton
    discreetphoton Site Moderator 93453 forum postsdiscreetphoton vcard United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Jan 2013 - 9:47 PM

Presumably, that small numbers = big apertures

sparrowhawk
    sparrowhawk e2 Member 5267 forum postssparrowhawk vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Jan 2013 - 6:12 PM

That means that 2.8 is large aperture a;lowing less depth of field and f 22 is smaller aperture so more depth of field which is required in macro although it depends on how much you want in focus thats were your personal preferece comes into play1 hope this helps,also you'll probaly need a flash set up or additional lighting mos serious macro [hotographers use a ringflash if the light is poor

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.