Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Tips for Macro

StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
15 Jan 2013 2:40AM
This article may give you some ideas. Interesting bit on those lenses you use Paul.Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

avacreates e2
3 362 1 United Kingdom
15 Jan 2013 6:46AM
Thank you so much for sharing. I'm still researching the subject including the lens and add ons - converters etc. I've had some fantastic input from EPZ members regarding lens and converters and I must say this article is very encouraging and made me more enthusiastic to actually get out there and now check out the Lens that EPZ members have recommended.
THANK YOU
AVA
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
15 Jan 2013 7:39AM
You're welcome Ava, glad I could be of some help.
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
15 Jan 2013 7:43AM
This page has lots of links to good info.

Cheers,
Denny
sparrowhawk e2
6 268 2 United Kingdom
15 Jan 2013 3:36PM
one thing i would suggest iis use a tripod or monopod and remember that your apertures work in reverse so you should start at f8 and go up if need be you want to keep in mind that you want as much in focus as possible and try to keep your subjects square on ! which i know isn't always possible. Just a few things that were pointed out to me when i started macro photography
JJGEE
10 6.4k 18 England
15 Jan 2013 6:42PM

Quote:and remember that your apertures work in reverse

What is that supposed to mean ?
discreetphoton e2
10 3.5k 20 United Kingdom
15 Jan 2013 9:47PM
Presumably, that small numbers = big apertures
sparrowhawk e2
6 268 2 United Kingdom
17 Jan 2013 6:12PM
That means that 2.8 is large aperture a;lowing less depth of field and f 22 is smaller aperture so more depth of field which is required in macro although it depends on how much you want in focus thats were your personal preferece comes into play1 hope this helps,also you'll probaly need a flash set up or additional lighting mos serious macro [hotographers use a ringflash if the light is poor

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.